Vector tuning = Check engine light?!?! - Page 5 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:39 AM

I hade the Vectro tune done and I have since driven over 2000 miles. I have not had 1 problem. I wanted something changed to my liking and they took care of it for me without hesitating. They are a couple of great guys who I believe really know what they are doing.
Just incase anyone has any worries, I dont think there is anything to woory about. They stand behind their work 100% and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. I am a local customer and have dealt with them both first hand a few times and they are excellent to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 01:50 AM

i was just wondering...if the check engine light came on, will it go off if the problem corrects itself? or does it have to be reset by a dealer? or ecm scanner?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:40 AM

The code will not go away when the problem goes away, it needs to be erased.
This can be done with a scan tool or by removing the negative battery cable for 30 seconds.
I believe TBSSTony's problem has been that he needs a crank variation learn this entire time.
I have been running 91 octane fuel with 10% alcohol in my truck (with the 93 tune) for 5 days now with no problems.
I believe that when OnStar read the code, the description they gave him was a generic statment. They did not give him a code number.
There have been NO issues with knock in ANY of the TBSS performance tunes we have done.

Kirk

Old 01-30-2006, 10:40 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Well this just isn't as easy as anyone says it will be. The GMC dealer across the street said it will be $50 to reprogram the entire system. 1- I'm not paying $50 and 2- They're not reprogramming everything. Oh, and they can't do it until tomorrow (there were 0 cars in the service bays). He also gave me a very curious look when I said it was a 2006 but it was not a warranty issue.

Today is the 7th day to get the cores back, so I'm thinking I'll just put my stock ones back in and get a refund. Too much hassle, too many problems. Hopefully the rest of you guys have much better luck than me.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:01 AM

just head to your local autozone. they read codes for free, and will erase it for you.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:08 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd
just head to your local autozone. they read codes for free, and will erase it for you.
That won't do any good if I don't get the CV relearn done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in