Seen an SRT8 GC - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer SS Chat

TrailBlazer SS Chat The TrailBlazer SS Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 AM

Seen an SRT8 GC

Ok.....Let me say this about that!!!
I was working tonight (was in a van I use for work not the TBSS)and had a chance to talk to a guy with a GCsrt8.
The truck was bad ass....black and loaded up.
He said he paid $57K....thats a lot of money for a jeep.
But if I had that kind of money I must say Chrysler did that up right.
I asked him to take off with it so i could get a feel for how fast it launches.Well that thing took off screaming and there were 3 people in it.If you have a stock SS and run into one just mine your business and be on your way.Thats the only advice i can give you.
When I left work tonight and got in my TBSS the thing felt slow,like it wasn't even moving after watching that srt roar down the street earlier.It was 63 hear tonight in philly and the engine was shaking as i sat at red lights like it always does(not smooth at all).As I watch the antana shake waiting for the light to change then I hit the gas,feels like forever for that torqe to kick in......Wish i never seen that F'er tonight.:
If the vector tune makes the tb take off like that GC did.I have to have it now.
Don't want to sound like I'm bad mouthing the TB but that thing mad a impression on me...Please don't anyone say ..."but we can tow a boat"
Ya I know he paid close to $20k more but its not about the money I'm talking about.I would agree dollar for dollar the TB is the better buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2006, 01:19 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I agree it's a great vehicle. But if I had an SS, and saw one next to me, there is no way I'd "mind my own business."
Old 03-11-2006, 08:02 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredg369
He said he paid $57K....
WHAT?!?!

for that much money you could get in a 500hp z06

Old 03-11-2006, 09:09 AM

Raced one at the track, beat me by a car-car 1/2 at best, most of them will be and remain stock (more of a "bmw" crowd), by this fall I should be spanking SRT8's...heck if I were more impatient I could be doing it by April, but I am trying to do this one right, but I wouldn't sweat it, more likely in a street race it would be neck and neck up to about 80 anyway, I was ahead of that SRT8 all the way through 2nd...STOCK!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 01:56 PM

I can assure you the Vector tune is welll worth the money. If you get a torque converter on the SS the SRT8's doesnt matter which one will be seing your tailights...
Old 03-11-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGXP
Raced one at the track, beat me by a car-car 1/2 at best, most of them will be and remain stock (more of a "bmw" crowd), by this fall I should be spanking SRT8's...heck if I were more impatient I could be doing it by April, but I am trying to do this one right, but I wouldn't sweat it, more likely in a street race it would be neck and neck up to about 80 anyway, I was ahead of that SRT8 all the way through 2nd...STOCK!!!
He beat you by a car and a half?

But that's after cutting a much better light than the GC, which equates to you leaving him sitting there "in the hole", which means not only did the Jeep have the power to "stop you" from pulling away once he got going, but also had the power to eventually pass you as well all before the quarter ended. That says alot dude.

I watch alot of pro stock drag racing. And boy oh boy, that "holeshot" (the driver who cuts the better light) means so much in determining who will win up top. Very rarely does a pro stock car after being "treed" (cutting a bad light..being left in the hole) have the horsepower to overcome that costly mistake. Infact, it takes a considerable amount of power to "drive around" someone after being left in the hole..and only a few cars/drivers ever had the horespower to do it..Warren Johnson..and now Gary Anderson. If I read your timeslip correctly, you indeed left that SRT8 GC sitting there in the hole big time( I believe you had over 2 tenths right from the lights) but yet he had the power to stop you, and eventually drive around you all before the quarter ended...that says alot dude.

I don't care how much the GC cost, it's still an american made vehicle(not some costly Euro mega horsepower vehicle) and to be quite frank, I am jealous of the power that they come with from the factory. I'll say it again, I am jealous, and I am not ashamed to admit it. I can only wish Chevrolet's finished product (TBSS) put out that much power to the wheels. Yeah, yeah, I know..blame torque management. But the folks at Chrysler also had that issue to deal with too. Maybe the engineers at Chrysler need to resign and get new jobs at Chevrolet and "re-manage" the programs for our TBSS. You gotta give Chrysler and it engineers "props" for being bold enough to allow that GC to put down that much horsepower all under warranty with out fear of "braking something"....a bold statement indeed.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Southeast Chapter

2004 Buick Rainier
Cashmere Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
$57k i agree with jimmyjam you could get a Zo6 for that price and beat the gcsrt8 and the viper
Old 03-11-2006, 11:15 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam
WHAT?!?!

for that much money you could get in a 500hp z06
No you can't, the Z06 starts at almost 70K. I wish I was rich
Old 03-11-2006, 11:49 PM

The only thing wrong with a Z06 is...you can't take it food shopping or take the 2 kids and wife out to dinner.....other then them two things and the price tag I would buy one.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredg369
The only thing wrong with a Z06 is...you can't take it food shopping or take the 2 kids and wife out to dinner.....other then them two things and the price tag I would buy one.
They tend to have issues with the white stuff that falls from the sky here in NY also, but the gotta have a 06 Z06 is over freakin whelming..
Sell the car, sell the house, sell the kids...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in