Changed Oil Filter to Mobil 1 M1-206 much better - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Changed Oil Filter to Mobil 1 M1-206 much better

well at 803 miles i decided to change my oil filter. I bought the mobil 1 M1-206 filter and it is a nice step up over the factory one. The ac delco that comes stock on the tbss is very small, to small for me so this is a nice bump up.

And it all works fine.

ps- guy on e bay had a pack of 6 shipped to you for 40 bucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 08:17 PM

Yep, just received my six-pack of M1-206's from ebay guy, $45 delivered to my door. Glad to hear that they fit properly, and the little extra oil capacity is nice too!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:26 AM

What's up with the part numbers?

I got an email from Dale on eBay and he replied:
The 06 Trailblazer with the 6.0L takes an M1-107 and the Trailblazer with the 4.8L takes the M1-206 and the Trailblazer with the 5.3L takes the M1-107 also.

So what about the M1-206 you put in? Is it larger or did you get the wrong one. I will call Mobil One this week to ask
Patrick

Old 05-09-2006, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyGuard
I got an email from Dale on eBay and he replied:
The 06 Trailblazer with the 6.0L takes an M1-107 and the Trailblazer with the 4.8L takes the M1-206 and the Trailblazer with the 5.3L takes the M1-107 also.

So what about the M1-206 you put in? Is it larger or did you get the wrong one. I will call Mobil One this week to ask
Patrick
There is another thread on this already just search "oil filter list". That being said, yes the M1-107 is the direct replacement, but the M1-206 will work and yes it is larger. Will give you slightly more oil capacity.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 AM

the mobil 1 m1--207 is longer and fits fine
Old 05-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Has anyone use the K&N Oil Filter? I was thinking of using one on my next change.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSS
Has anyone use the K&N Oil Filter? I was thinking of using one on my next change.
Welcome!

I have an 02 TB with the 4.2L I6 and I have run the K&N filters before. Worked fine for me.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:21 PM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Mocha Steel Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
Welcome!

I have an 02 TB with the 4.2L I6 and I have run the K&N filters before. Worked fine for me.
Never had a problem with them.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:45 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
The M1-filter filters well, but IMHO too well. What I mean by this is the resultant increase in oil-pressure that I saw on my FBody after switching to the M1 filter. In other words, the filter media was acting as a restriction - and this was with the 206 filter! Swapped back to a Delco, and the oil-pressure came back to more 'normal' levels.

Its been "proven" over and over on BITOG that the extra filtration of the M1 filter isn't really necessary for obtaining stellar UOA results. Many in fact prefer the K&N filter which does a fairly poor (comparatively) job of filtration, but has excellent "flow" characteristics. Me, personally, the Delcos work just fine.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02redhawk
The M1-filter filters well, but IMHO too well. What I mean by this is the resultant increase in oil-pressure that I saw on my FBody after switching to the M1 filter. In other words, the filter media was acting as a restriction - and this was with the 206 filter! Swapped back to a Delco, and the oil-pressure came back to more 'normal' levels.

Its been "proven" over and over on BITOG that the extra filtration of the M1 filter isn't really necessary for obtaining stellar UOA results. Many in fact prefer the K&N filter which does a fairly poor (comparatively) job of filtration, but has excellent "flow" characteristics. Me, personally, the Delcos work just fine.
Wow, thats good info to know. I never noticed that with my K&N, but then again I never really paid attention to it either. I only ran 1 K&N on my TB before I switched to Amsoil's filter, it is easier to order the oil and filter from one place than two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in