how many miles are you all at as of current? - Page 145 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat The TrailBlazer and Envoy Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:52 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
White 4.2L I6 4X4
Thanks man that helps a lot I really appreciate it. Sounds like the exact same thing wrong with my 2005 Trailblazer.

I have it at a shop around the corner from me but they are acting like a bunch of amateur hacks. They said they would find one by Friday but it's been there since Nov. 28. I'm going to get it Friday whether they have one or not. This is why I try to do most of the work myself, I only took it to them because I didn't have time to fix it. If I had known it would take them three weeks I would have just kept it in the carport until I had some time off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loofa View Post
The symptoms were that the car died on the highway 100 miles from home. I had it towed it to a dealer and of course it was OK. They suspected it was wiring near the fuse box.

I drove home and it died along the way again. I wiggled the fuse box and it started.

Drove it for a few weeks periodically wiggling the fuse box.

Took it to a more local dealer with my story and they said the fixed it. ~$ 500.00
I drove away and it died 20 min later. Wiggling did not work so I towed it back to dealer.

It started. F**k

They this time removed the fuse box and found lots of corrosion underneath. They special ordered it and replaced it. No problem since. This was about 2 years ago.

If you are at an independent shop, I would call a dealer and give them your VIN. Dealer should get a proper GM number for your car. I would have done it myself but I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove it without breaking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2018, 08:59 PM

2006 GMC TrailBlazer LS
Cranberry Red Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Just got my 06 denali back from body shop tonight after i hit a deer. Im at 140440. Planning on next upgrade being exhaust. Already did resonator delete but planning on having a borla proxs welded in place of the stock muffler here soon. Then coil spring conversion in rear, spacers and probably some 265/60/18 on stocker wheels. Maybe possibly a lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 12:57 AM

08 GMC Envoy

I bought the 08 Envoy for $1000 a couple months ago at 176xxx miles. Since then I have put at least $500 worth of parts in it myself, thanks almost entirely to this site I may add (Thank you all!). This is on top of the $2000+ worth of service history records I obtained from the past 3 years, making me think it shouldn't have too many problems when I bought it (a few, sure). Man was I wrong. I have been amazed at how every time I go to fix one thing, I find several more that need fixed, haha. I have replaced: front passenger hub (fixed service stabilitrac/abnormal abs activation problem caused by bad wheel speed sensor, and I noticed a little catch in the wheel bearing after taking it off), Evap solenoid/canister (fixed check engine light, lol), cam position sensor (fixed different check engine light...), blower control module (fixed fan not blowing half the time), battery (new battery has went dead a couple times so there must be a drain somewhere at times...haven't found that yet), and tires (pretty routine!). I am now in the process of replacing driver side upper ball joint and tie-rod end, as well as passenger sway bar link (cannot for the life of me find one that matches the one that came off), cv shaft, and wouldn't you know it!?!?......the front axle disconnect (seal/bearing that holds cv shaft completely gone ). Luckily I bought the whole unit, because (as my luck goes) the old one broke off inside its hole in the oil pan!!! This was a PITA to extract, and after a few nights of drilling, die grinding, and hammering, I am quite proud to announce that as of tonight the POS thing is successfully extracted! Now to cleaning it up, putting the new one on, and putting everything back together (so I can go on to fix the ball joint and tie rod end....and likely the next problem(s) I find with this pile. Overall it's a pretty nice vehicle though! Haha. Okay, so I'm a Ford guy, but this thing has done nothing but remind me why I'm a Ford guy. It also says service airbag on the dash, but I don't even know where to start with that...and the TPMS sensors are gone (has TB wheels lol). At least it has heated seats...for now.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
White 4.2L I6 4X4
Bought mine in June and ran fine until Thanksgiving. Put about $2k in parts/labor because I just haven't had time to fix myself. The big one was a fuel pump that I just didn't feel like doing all the work. This thread has helped educate me a great deal but I think I am selling mine and getting a 4Runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711adrenaline View Post
I bought the 08 Envoy for $1000 a couple months ago at 176xxx miles. Since then I have put at least $500 worth of parts in it myself, thanks almost entirely to this site I may add (Thank you all!). This is on top of the $2000+ worth of service history records I obtained from the past 3 years, making me think it shouldn't have too many problems when I bought it (a few, sure). Man was I wrong. I have been amazed at how every time I go to fix one thing, I find several more that need fixed, haha. I have replaced: front passenger hub (fixed service stabilitrac/abnormal abs activation problem caused by bad wheel speed sensor, and I noticed a little catch in the wheel bearing after taking it off), Evap solenoid/canister (fixed check engine light, lol), cam position sensor (fixed different check engine light...), blower control module (fixed fan not blowing half the time), battery (new battery has went dead a couple times so there must be a drain somewhere at times...haven't found that yet), and tires (pretty routine!). I am now in the process of replacing driver side upper ball joint and tie-rod end, as well as passenger sway bar link (cannot for the life of me find one that matches the one that came off), cv shaft, and wouldn't you know it!?!?......the front axle disconnect (seal/bearing that holds cv shaft completely gone ). Luckily I bought the whole unit, because (as my luck goes) the old one broke off inside its hole in the oil pan!!! This was a PITA to extract, and after a few nights of drilling, die grinding, and hammering, I am quite proud to announce that as of tonight the POS thing is successfully extracted! Now to cleaning it up, putting the new one on, and putting everything back together (so I can go on to fix the ball joint and tie rod end....and likely the next problem(s) I find with this pile. Overall it's a pretty nice vehicle though! Haha. Okay, so I'm a Ford guy, but this thing has done nothing but remind me why I'm a Ford guy. It also says service airbag on the dash, but I don't even know where to start with that...and the TPMS sensors are gone (has TB wheels lol). At least it has heated seats...for now.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:55 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Years and Miles

My 2005 Trailblazer 4WD has 117,900 miles on it. I use synthetic oil and change the oil and filter every 5000 miles, along with tire rotations. I have had extremely good luck - no major issues ever. No squeaks, no odd noises, no problems with the instrument cluster, never had any engine problems, Nothing!! Just normal maintenance stuff, that's it.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:37 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Just clocked 73K miles on my 2008 Envoy. Runs great, replaced all brake rotors, pads at 60K. Running synthetic oil, change at 10K. Averaging 17 mpg, 3mpg better than the Ď89 Explorer AWD V8 that I had before the Envoy.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:46 PM

My lovely 😊 pewter metallic trailblazer LT has about 227k miles . Let me tell you this beauty is a beast. I’ve had the transmission replaced at 190k but the engine is still running strong. My parents think I’m obsessed with it and say that I need a new car. I’m like forget it, I put so much work on my baby I don’t think we’ll ever get rid of it . I’ve done some minor tweaks in mostly all aesthetic. New Hids , updated bumpers. Led lights on the inside. Small things that we trailbleezy peeps would notice. I’m currently wanting to get a Flowmaster/magnaflow installed, might actually do it tomorrow depending on the weather since it’s cold as hell down here now. But but to answer your question, 227k and running strong!
Old 02-09-2019, 06:43 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandez View Post
My lovely 😊 pewter metallic trailblazer LT has about 227k miles . Let me tell you this beauty is a beast. Iíve had the transmission replaced at 190k but the engine is still running strong. My parents think Iím obsessed with it and say that I need a new car. Iím like forget it, I put so much work on my baby I donít think weíll ever get rid of it . Iíve done some minor tweaks in mostly all aesthetic. New Hids , updated bumpers. Led lights on the inside. Small things that we trailbleezy peeps would notice. Iím currently wanting to get a Flowmaster/magnaflow installed, might actually do it tomorrow depending on the weather since itís cold as hell down here now. But but to answer your question, 227k and running strong!
hi and welcome.

what year and color is your TB?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:57 AM

It’s a pewter metallic, and 02. Fyi I got the flowmaster done after all. And let me tell you I’m super satisfied! Went with the 50 series and I wasn’t disappointed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in