STS Turbo Update - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
STS Turbo Update

About a month ago I contacted STS about a kit for our trucks. I never heard back from them so I figured they were just too busy or didn't have anything in the works. Anyway, I just got off of the phone with them. They actually took the time to call me and let me know that come late August they will have a TBSS in shop with a full bolt on kit with Diablo programming soon to follow. Apparently they have seen a HUGE demand for a kit from them, so now there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the guys looking for some boost.
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 12:00 PM

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Thats cool. I wonder how much boost our 10.9 cast? internal motor will hold. 6-8 psi should see another 150hp or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Makes me wonder how hard it would be to make one for the I6, as well...

Old 06-29-2006, 12:08 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
We typically go 6-8PSI on LS2's, this is good news though I bet STS beats everyone to the FI game since Magnuson dropped the ball so badly I'll buy one if they prove to be as good as they have on other platforms, hell that and a converter would be brutal!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:49 PM

STS is a good company they "lost" my gto turbo but they sent me a brand new one so i wasnt mad.
if they make one for the SS id buy it as long as the air filter is in a safe location. my GTO sucked up water all the time even with their "snorkel" kit it would just pull water droplets from anywhere underneath the car and out of the air if someone was in front of me on a wet day.
to me a AWD ss that cant drive in the rain or snow would be totally useless.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:26 PM

Awesome!

So is there going to be a mad rush to figure out a transmission solution come September?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:44 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody4130
STS is a good company they "lost" my gto turbo but they sent me a brand new one so i wasnt mad.
if they make one for the SS id buy it as long as the air filter is in a safe location. my GTO sucked up water all the time even with their "snorkel" kit it would just pull water droplets from anywhere underneath the car and out of the air if someone was in front of me on a wet day.
to me a AWD ss that cant drive in the rain or snow would be totally useless.
I know it's early to guesstimate how much it would cost but what's been the range for their previous kit for LS2?

Just wondering.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:45 PM

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix
We typically go 6-8PSI on LS2's, this is good news though I bet STS beats everyone to the FI game since Magnuson dropped the ball so badly I'll buy one if they prove to be as good as they have on other platforms, hell that and a converter would be brutal!
And way, way faster than my puny H/C plan... I sense a battle coming for who has the quickest SS on 23-mile....
Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 PM

This is what I received from them today. They suggested the tuner kit at first but I expressed more interest in a complete bolton solution.

Quote:
It is definitely on the radar for consideration. We may have some updated information on if and when in the next few weeks.

Where are you located? I will make sure that my rep for that area has your information.

Thanks,
David South
V.P. Channel Sales
801-224-3477 ext. 801
[email protected]

Squires Turbo Systems, Inc.
165 N. 1330 W. Suite C-4
Orem, UTAH 84057
Phone: 866-WE TURBO
Fax: (801) 607-6846
www.STSTurbo.com
Old 06-30-2006, 10:36 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02redhawk
And way, way faster than my puny H/C plan... I sense a battle coming for who has the quickest SS on 23-mile....
Nuh uh!! heheh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in