TBSS SW Headers Finally On! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Exhaust Mods

Exhaust Mods Performance Exhaust Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:22 AM

TBSS SW Headers Finally On!

I had my SW off-road header kit installed on my TBSS a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW, this thing finally has the sound I think everyone who has done any exhaust changes has been looking for. Idle is very deep and sounds great. Normal driving is a bit louder than before, but WOT and this thing screams. May not be for everyone as a daily driver, but to each his own. I'll try and post vids in a couple of days as it is raining here today.

Next I just want to tip my hat to Vector Motorsports who did the install for this. They are definitely a top class shop, but what would you expect with someone that has the resources of Katech racing behind them. They have the latest equipment and fabrficating capabilities and are working on the best of the best in the automotive racing world. They pulled down a factory C6R race car from the hoist when I was in there......need I say any more ....Chris, Kirk, Dan.....you guys rock and yes you definitely have my business in the future.....Chris, I hope I am at the top of the list for one of your beta IAT mods
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 12:18 PM

hey did u just change the headers and left the same pipe with the magnaflow and resinator delete... or u changed the hole pipe too ? how much did u pay for the headers ?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:53 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Superior Blue Metallic Other 2WD
A couple friends and I installed my headers, O/R Y, and LMF catback yesterday. Had fitment issues with the Y pipe. Long day.. When I finally started it up at the end of the night it was all worth it.. I'll post about it later.. Its friggin raining in CT/MA here too..

Old 08-27-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv_tbss06 View Post
hey did u just change the headers and left the same pipe with the magnaflow and resinator delete... or u changed the hole pipe too ? how much did u pay for the headers ?
Yep, I left the factory cat-back with my magnaflow muffler and deleted resonator. Probably only losing a few hp vs a larger all mandrel cat-back. I will swap the cat back to a SW system after I am making more serious hp (ie heads/cam and forced induction). Headers & y-pipe (no cats) are a bit under a thousand bucks from vendors on here.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:22 PM

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
Yep, I left the factory cat-back with my magnaflow muffler and deleted resonator. Probably only losing a few hp vs a larger all mandrel cat-back. I will swap the cat back to a SW system after I am making more serious hp (ie heads/cam and forced induction). Headers & y-pipe (no cats) are a bit under a thousand bucks from vendors on here.
Hey Ben

Did you have them tune / dynotune it, too? Or not yet? Curious how the tuned SOTP meter now feels...
Old 08-27-2006, 11:45 PM

Even with them untuned its a noticable increase in power. I will try to have mine dyno'd on Wednesday. The stock catback is pretty restrictive on the part where it goes over the axle. Its like a half circle; a D shape. But then again, I drove the car for about a day with just the LMF catback and I couldn't feel much of a difference. I also did not get a chance to hammer on it too much because of the ****ty on/off weather. Definately picked up on sound.. And lost a good amount of weight too!!

So.. whats next..
Old 08-28-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02redhawk View Post
Hey Ben

Did you have them tune / dynotune it, too? Or not yet? Curious how the tuned SOTP meter now feels...
Kirk threw in their CAI/header tune for now. I will be going back this week or next to actually put on the CAI and have it dyno tuned. I'll post the numbers once this is done. It does definitely pulls stronger now, and oddly enough it seems the headers have smoothed it out some what, hard to explain, but maybe it's the loss of backpressure

As Blades mentioned, there is also a considerable weight savings, as my factory parts in the header box weigh a ton!!! I'm hoping when I go back to Vector for the dyno tune that Chris' IAT mod will be ready to go, he was busy "tinkering" when I picked up the truck on Friday
Old 08-28-2006, 01:23 PM

Want to weigh the stock headers and Y-pipe? I don't have anything to weigh it with.. How about just the resonator? I have the shipping weight for the SW headers and O/R Y.. Off the top of my head, I think its 41lbs.

Either way, a good amount of weight savings. If someone could chime in on exactly how much any part of the stock exhaust system weighs, maybe we can get a better idea.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 PM

I could weigh my resonator and factory manifolds/cats. I don't have the factory y-piping as it was cut during removal. I'll bring the stuff to work tomorrow and throw it on the scale.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:53 PM

Superior Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I have my entire factory exhaust in the basement. I'll try and weigh everything tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in