Saturn Outlook - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Latest GM News

Latest GM News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Saturn Outlook

Has anyone here had a chance to drive one of the new Outlooks or has someone bought one yet? I think it is a great looking car and after sitting in it, it's also very comfortable. Seems like it is quite a bit shorter than TB EXT's though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Mocha Steel Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Trailblazer View Post
Has anyone here had a chance to drive one of the new Outlooks or has someone bought one yet? I think it is a great looking car and after sitting in it, it's also very comfortable. Seems like it is quite a bit shorter than TB EXT's though.
I have seen a couple, but not up close. How is the interior quality? Typical GM stuff?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoster View Post
I have seen a couple, but not up close. How is the interior quality? Typical GM stuff?
If you have seen the 2007 Tahoe/Suburban interior, it is styled similar to that. The quality looks great, has a very stylish and modern look - black dash and tan interior along with woodgrain accents around part of the dash. I think it has a more european look like BMW, VW. Another smart thing GM finally did was have a tilt and telescopic steering wheel.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM

We actually were trying to decide between an Outlook and the TB when we were shopping. We opted for the TB for several reasons

1. Supplier pricing was a lil better on the TB
2. 4K in incentives for the TB vs 1K on the Outlook (not surprised for a brand new line).
3. Dealerships had crap for selection (either bare bones, or fully loaded).
4. Price (40K+ for a decently optioned V6) - 32K for a V8 TB
5. Third row seat up = 0 storage space. I have a kid and her stroller barely fit in the back on edge with the 3rd row up.
6. 4500lb towing capacity vs 66lb towing capacity
7. Almost $700/month car payment for a Saturn V6
8. The sales lady was very nice. The sales manager/Finance manager was a complete @sshat.

The interior was very nice (like was mentioned, it reminded me of a BMW). Although the dash seemed a little too cluttered. Too many buttons. The 2nd row seating was very roomy. An odd thing is the standard seating configuration puts a bench in the 2nd row. For $500 more, you can have 2 captains chairs in the 2nd row.. so you're paying extra for less seating.

The finance manger tried to talk us out of the TB..."it's an old body style, residual values, etc." He even said "ask yourself if you'll be happy getting into it everyday for 5 years." I quickly replied "I may love getting into it everyday for 5 years, but writing a check for $700 every month for 5 years will make me hate your Saturn REALLY quickly." He had no response.

I know this totally shows my age and having to be sensible, but my family will continue to grow and that means more stuff to carry with us including a double stroller... the only way that would fit is with the 3rd row folded down... and what's the point of having 3 rows if it's always folded?

A friend of ours who has an Equinox like we did, was seriously looking at the GMC Acadia (online, no dealerships here had them) until they got our feedback after looking at the Saturn and they're looking at an Envoy or TB now instead.

Overall, it's a great car (not SUV), but I refuse to pay $700 a month for a Saturn.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TB_Guy View Post
We actually were trying to decide between an Outlook and the TB when we were shopping. We opted for the TB for several reasons

1. Supplier pricing was a lil better on the TB
2. 4K in incentives for the TB vs 1K on the Outlook (not surprised for a brand new line).
3. Dealerships had crap for selection (either bare bones, or fully loaded).
4. Price (40K+ for a decently optioned V6) - 32K for a V8 TB
5. Third row seat up = 0 storage space. I have a kid and her stroller barely fit in the back on edge with the 3rd row up.
6. 4500lb towing capacity vs 66lb towing capacity
7. Almost $700/month car payment for a Saturn V6
8. The sales lady was very nice. The sales manager/Finance manager was a complete @sshat.

The interior was very nice (like was mentioned, it reminded me of a BMW). Although the dash seemed a little too cluttered. Too many buttons. The 2nd row seating was very roomy. An odd thing is the standard seating configuration puts a bench in the 2nd row. For $500 more, you can have 2 captains chairs in the 2nd row.. so you're paying extra for less seating.

The finance manger tried to talk us out of the TB..."it's an old body style, residual values, etc." He even said "ask yourself if you'll be happy getting into it everyday for 5 years." I quickly replied "I may love getting into it everyday for 5 years, but writing a check for $700 every month for 5 years will make me hate your Saturn REALLY quickly." He had no response.

I know this totally shows my age and having to be sensible, but my family will continue to grow and that means more stuff to carry with us including a double stroller... the only way that would fit is with the 3rd row folded down... and what's the point of having 3 rows if it's always folded?

A friend of ours who has an Equinox like we did, was seriously looking at the GMC Acadia (online, no dealerships here had them) until they got our feedback after looking at the Saturn and they're looking at an Envoy or TB now instead.

[B]Overall, it's a great car (not SUV), but I refuse to pay $700 a month for a Saturn[/B].
HAHAHA, nice overall statement.

I do agree however the Outlook/Acadia look great. leaps above any SUV/Xover GM has to offer. My only issue is the price. Seems a little high .
Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 PM

2006 SAAB 9-7x
Black 5.3L V8 AWD
interesting this discussion came up just now, we were trying to decide between an 07 Outlook or our leftover Saab 97x a few weeks ago when we eventually decided, and bought the Saab, here are my impressions:

- the price of the saab versus the saturn was pretty close when we compared the 2 since we were looking at a loaded version of the saturn
- the saab comes, well only fully loaded (canadian versions come only with optional stereo's/navi, optional rear seat dvd or optional v8), the saturn we looked at had all the bells and whistles (leather, power liftgate, captains chairs, HID lights, etc etc.) that we wanted (we didn't want the entertainment pack nor the navi) had the right color combo and everything, the red one looked really good, the black saab we got wasn't much of a choice when it comes to leftovers but stills sharp in black
- but as someone else mentioned above, the suppliers discount is nicer on the older body style then the new saturn, not surprising...
- on the note of discount we have GM Visa points and there was an additional 500 buxs we could put towards the Saab over the saturn
- also more on the discount was that since our saab was a leftover from previous year model, they were blowing them out with MORE incentives to buy...for our pricing, combined with suppliers discount+gm visa points+2006 blow out incentives we got approx. $14,000 off the MSRP price of a new Saab (canadian price models for v8's go for approx. $52,000 ), the discount for us was almost equal to GM giving us a cheap Shiat box with the Saab...LOL
- the saturn was alot quieter, hands down
- the v8 on the saab is much nicer to drive, just more torque pure and simple
- finishing i found is about on par, the saturn didn't look any better then the saab
- the saturn had less road feel, but gave a more cushy ride, the saab seemed to hug the road more like a car
- look is subjective to each own's eyes but they both looked good to us
- the saturn seemed to be blown around alot more by crosswinds
- the saturn is so long, the sales person let us drive the car home with her in the backseat to see how it looked on the driveway, and man is it ever long, it barely fits in the garage...
- the people at the saturn dealer were easily twice as nice as the people at the saab dealer, not that there was anything bad with the saab side of the dealership (same building just different ends of the building), the same general manager for both sides, but man the customer service on the saturn side was twice as good...the saab was already really really good already compared to other GM dealerships i've been in, i would say on par with acura, infiniti, lexus dealerships, which is a clear step ahead of the other domestic brands
- the saturn guys while we were out driving the outlook didn't ask but gave our minivan a wash/rinse while we were out, LOL
- i consider a new model as being the lemon of a lineup - this is because the first model year of a new model is always the one with the most number of recalls and design flaws, the 2nd or 3rd year would be better because they would work out all the kinks, the saab being built on the GM360 platform that's been out for a few years should be more problem free versus alot of unknowns in the Saturn platform since its brand spanking new
- the saturn had an arm wrest in the backseat for rear passengers, and also had rear air controls that contained there own heater control, the saab one i think is the same as the TV units and the passenger side heater controls rear air temp...
- saturn has a sliding rear seat track which is nice for backseat passengers to have alot of legroom
- minus is the saturn has barely any trunk space with the backseats up, with the backseats down its about the same, but i guess what do you want with an 3 row seat vehicle...
- i didn't consider the towing capabilities on either vehicle because the most I'll ever tow is a trailer with 2 jet skis on it or a trailer with 2 motorcycles on it, so trailering load was a non-issue as most cars would be able to tow either one
- both had 18" rims that looked nice from the factory but the edge goes to the Saturn with its option 19" factory rims
- plus goes to the saturn for being ALOT better on gas mileage but then i guess i trade off with having alot more oooomph and the sound...oh the sound of a v8 is alot nicer, LOL
- nod goes to the saturn for having a dual exhaust (i think it looks nice but is subjective )

overall the saturn is a very very nice vehicle for the money, when they work out the kinks it probably will be a superior platform (for most people, not everyone), but there is no offense to anyone who wants one or who has one, and even i like the outlook too but i also have to say "umm...its only a Saturn...? " .. LOL i know kinda put down but "she who must be obeyed" didn't like the fact that the outlook was ONLY a saturn...the acadia wasn't available yet and neither was the enclave so we got the saab and were happy with it... i was thinking that the saturns were just building plastic paneled cars until i saw this thing and man... saturn has come a long way from those days they have a real marketable vehicle that i think will appeal to alot of people...
Old 02-09-2007, 06:44 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Trailblazer View Post
I believe there are a few members on GMCrossover.com that have drove one.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Too bad they're not doing polymer panels anymore.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Good choices, I'd most likely pick another GMT360 if I were buying again today as well. Besides the slightly cluttered dash, biggest gripe with the Outlook/Acadia is the placement of the parking/e-brake. It hangs down right over the dead pedal and I kept knocking it with my foot getting in and out of the vehicles they had at the Phila Auto-Show. If they're going to put it off the side of the panel, at least place it up high where its out of the way! - Unless they all had them set, which I doubt, it was very annoying. Other than that the interior seemed rather nice in all versions of the new platform, although somewhat longer than my current Envoy. (I don't need 7 passenger seating and wouldn't want to pay for it.....shame there isn't a shorter version with 2 rows).

Edit: Before anybody asks, yes I'm a big guy with big feet....might be why the brake pedal placement was so annoying.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
[quote=07TB_Guy;269811]
8. The sales lady was very nice. The sales manager/Finance manager was a complete @sshat. ]

Thats usually the case. The salesman is actually working for you so he is really on your side. If he doesnt get you what you want he doesnt get paid.
Thats what I always told my customers when i was a salesman.
the desk always shuts down a good deal. Remember the salesman for the most part has no say on the final price, he is only there to make you fall in love with the car.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in