Best cold air intake? - Page 5 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:36 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
I just installed an IEATSRT8 today and the MagnaFlow exhaust is going on next weekend....then sending out for the PCM4LESS tune. It should really help!
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM

intake air & where it comes from

for 3 years i've watched and listened about intakes and have customized my own for the ss.the biggest issue isnt the intake(heat soak) but where you get the air from. if the air comes from the engine compartment its gonna get warm. it needs to be extracted from the outside. i have mine coming directly from vent under headlights with a silicone tube direct into a sealed intake box.never any problems in 3 years through rain & snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
the airaid is gunna be my choice. maybe next week sometime

Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Not sure if you guys missed it but we have the only OEM designed intake on the market. This is by far IMHO the best unit on the market ALL premium parts check it out
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
AIRAID Premium Filters

2004 Chevy Other
Black Other 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by runit15 View Post
the airaid is gunna be my choice. maybe next week sometime
Hello [B][I]runit15[/I][/B],

Excellent choice.

The AIRAID offers the highest quality components and we offer the best warranty in the industry!

Thanks,
David
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM

Hey guys
ive noticed that most of you on this thread have a V8 SS.
Would putting a cai and tune on an 02 LTZ I6 be worth it?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:09 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
i dont see whats appealing about the vector. iv heard nuthing about vector accept that it was not as good as the IEATSRT8. even the new and improved gen 2 still isnt up to par. the airaid has a filter the size of texas a layer to prevent from over oiling and it uses an original filter. it doesn bum a k&n filter like most other brands. id go airaid or IEATSRT8 havent made a rocksolid choice yet. then vector and k&n as a different group that i wouldnt consider. then volant hahahaha not on my car.
TB lewis as far as im concerned a air intake with a tune works on any vehicle ofcourse better for some than others curse the diesel owners for that. but my friend has an 05 2wd tahoe with just a k&n intake and a tune and he is just as fast as my SS until about 70. but thats a rare case. my other friend put an airiad tube not the full intake just the JR. tube kit on his dodge and he said he could notice power and his milege went from 11 to 15/16 then with a tune he said it was a different truck.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by runit15 View Post
i dont see whats appealing about the vector. iv heard nuthing about vector accept that it was not as good as the IEATSRT8. even the new and improved gen 2 still isnt up to par. the airaid has a filter the size of texas a layer to prevent from over oiling and it uses an original filter. it doesn bum a k&n filter like most other brands. id go airaid or IEATSRT8 havent made a rocksolid choice yet. then vector and k&n as a different group that i wouldnt consider. then volant hahahaha not on my car.
You arent serious right? The IEAT EXACTLY the same as our Gen 1 minus the ceramic coating and a coupler change. Our intake was the first on the market if that gives you any insight

If you think a standard stainless ceramic coated crossover tube and an OEM designed OEM tooled neckdown removal is "not up to par" with an aluminum tube and a roof vent from home depot used to seal the airbox I'd say, well I think there is a myriad of things to say LOL
Old 10-10-2008, 02:33 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
im no expert but thats the stuff iv been told over and over and over again oh and you may have been the first on the market but ford was around before chevy and i aint driven a ford no offense
Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSZR2326 View Post
for 3 years i've watched and listened about intakes and have customized my own for the ss.the biggest issue isnt the intake(heat soak) but where you get the air from. if the air comes from the engine compartment its gonna get warm. it needs to be extracted from the outside. i have mine coming directly from vent under headlights with a silicone tube direct into a sealed intake box.never any problems in 3 years through rain & snow.
How about a picture?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in