Baby seat in Trailblazer - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer SS Chat

TrailBlazer SS Chat The TrailBlazer SS Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE
Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDagz View Post

Ah, the sacrifices we make for our kids...

I also used a large beach towel and placed that on the seat and flap before I installed the car seat using the Latch tie-downs. It helps protect the front part of the seat, but where the straps that are connected to the tie-downs - they dig into the seat when you tighten the straps (as you should do to properly install the car seat), especially the back corner. I look at it this way, would you rather have your little one safe and secure, knowing that the car seat he/she is in is strapped down properly, or do you leave some slack in the straps to save the leather in your SS? For me it is a no-brainer, I put my full weight on the car seat and tighten the straps as tight as I can get it.

There is hope though on the horizon, though - once your baby boy/girl is old enough and heavy enough, you can put them in a booster seat and just buckle them in with the regular seat belt.
Towel method here too. And I too put my knee in the seat with my entire weight and shorten the clips until I think my fingers are going to break trying to get the da** things clipped in. Luckily I'm past all that now. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silver Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
guys any pics will be greatly appreciated

baby's due date is this week and until now, im a little confused on how to properly install the car seat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I have question for everyone that has put there own car seat in there TB or Envoy. Where in the back seat did you place it? Middle or next to the one of the doors? I had my local fire department do both of mine and they place in the middle. Do you know how hard it is to get to them in the middle? I will take some pics tomorrow and congrats PANGGOY.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silver Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by initechpeter View Post
I have question for everyone that has put there own car seat in there TB or Envoy. Where in the back seat did you place it? Middle or next to the one of the doors? I had my local fire department do both of mine and they place in the middle. Do you know how hard it is to get to them in the middle? I will take some pics tomorrow and congrats PANGGOY.
thanks. will wait for your pics

one more thing, if a car seat is that hard to install, do i have to install and uninstall it everytime i take the baby in/out?

sorry for the stupid questions guys, im a first time dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 02:27 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Depend on the car seat you have. It should have a base that the seat that child is in would attach to. I just had my first about ..... oh gosh she is 15months now. Anyways, I just bought another base for each car then you use the same seat for both cars. Saves time and hassle. I tell the TB feels like it has alot of room back there, but when it comes to standing on your head in the back seat you tend to think twice.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE
Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
That's correct. The infant "carriers" have a base that is installed in the car, then all you do is unlatch it and lift it out. Yes, IMO, the middle seat is the safest if you are only transporting one child. I always went with the middle. I know it's hard to reach in there and get them out. Also, with the rear facing infant seats, they take a lot of room and it will fit better in the middle. I don't have any pics, but if someone doesn't get some out here for you, I'll take some of my nephew this weekend and post. My son is now in a booster.

My best advice, make sure they are secure. Tight as you can get them in the seat. We'd almost have to know what kind of seat you have to give you the most accurate advice. Also, make sure the straps are on your baby securely, if I remember right, you should be able to slip two fingers under the straps and make sure they are positioned correctly. Congrats to both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in