How to: SMAXX "MAXXlinks" sway bar end link installation. - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Moog Replacements

I put MOOGs on today. What a PITA to take the old ones off! Every one of the top bolts I had to cut off with an air rotary cut off tool, sparks flying and all. The hole for the Allen wrench was so corroded, I couldn't get the Allen wrench to stay put. The bottom nuts came off pretty easily.

I like the MOOGs with the nut on the back side that's soooo much easier to install and I'm sure if I have to uninstall.

Am I hi-jacking? I'm not sure, but SMAXX links look cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 10:20 AM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I installed the maxxx polyurethane sway bar links for front and rear on my xl about 2 weeks ago and OMG I just loved them. The trucks feels much stiffer while I'm driving and I also just went ahead and grinded the old ones off after 5 years especially through the winters I go through they were just too damn corroded but I highly recommend the maxxx suspension polyurethane sway bar links to all of y'all, I've never seen a better design or results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 06:09 PM

2009 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Just finished replacing rear end links

Just finished the job. The only hard part was removing the old parts. I found that if you have a small vice grip you can clamp the backside of the end link and use a socket to remove the nut. This was much easier than using a hex wrench and 18mm wrench.

One other hint, if your replacements have grease fittings, grease them before installation, especially the upper left. Not much space because of the gas tank.

Installed Moogs, made a world of difference.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:20 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
When I removed my original links I used a hack saw blade and 2 pairs of vice grips, it really works out the arms. No amount of lubricant would have helped those nuts.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
i hear what sounds like a tire squeak from my drivers front side every time the wheel is turned and i hit a bump, I wonder if the noise is coming from they sway bar links, what brand would you recommend
Old 09-14-2010, 09:15 AM

If the link was bad you would probably hear a clunking sound when you hit a bump. If you can move the link with your hand with very little effort it's probably time to change them.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM

It's a shame that they don't sell the sway bar link parts separate. I had my front passengers side sway bar link come off the sway bar, shaved the threads off the stud and the nut went missing while driving (had no clue it was loose). Plus there isn't a lot of room for tightening under there. I had to put an old sway bar link on for the time being. Happened Saturday.

$100 just for 1 link
Old 04-17-2011, 04:45 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Hey guys does anyone here using the Maxx End Links with an aftermarket swaybar and which one do you have? Thanks Eddie!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:43 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I recommend nothing but the suspension maxx links, my oem ones were still in great condition but I still went ahead and upgraded and have never regretted it. A huge noticeable driving difference after I installed the maxx links but honestly the only way to find out is installing them yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
i hear what sounds like a tire squeak from my drivers front side every time the wheel is turned and i hit a bump, I wonder if the noise is coming from they sway bar links, what brand would you recommend
Old 06-29-2011, 01:49 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Beware of cracked bushings!

FYI, just ordered the end link set directly from SMAXX for my TB and the bushings are cracked on the rear links.

Waiting on SMAXX to get to me on replacement...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in