Hi all. Im new to the group - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to TrailVoy.com! Tell us about yourself, your vehicle, mods, location etc. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:51 AM

Hi all. Im new to the group

Hi. owner of an 02 trailblazer ls 102k. Begging for some tech opinions. this one has me stumpped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 01:47 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Bordeaux Red Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
Welcome here, what issues are you having.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2019, 04:34 PM

Help please

2002 trailblazer ls 4.2l. Was driving fine until a few days ago. Out of nowhere it doesn't crank. Luckily at the shop. I now of the common ignition switch problem. Replaced that about 2 years ago right after I installed a remote starter. During that install I actually soldered the wires in. Scotchclips are great at first but not for long term. Voltages at ignition switch: Brown-accy and run, Red/W all four, Pink-run and start, Yellow-start, White-accy, run and start, Red-all four, Orange-accy and run. By the power distribution diagram orange should only have run, I think the diagram is incorrect because it powers up the HVAC system which should work in accy position. Anyway I blew 30 bucks and got a new switch. Same result. I don't have a TECH2 so I can't see the crank parameter on my SOLUS. Also cannot see the starter relay enable parameter. Backprobing at the pcm i get battery voltage ppl pin 31 while turning ignition to start. I have battery voltage at dk grn pin 29 in run and start. Same at yel/blk pin 48, run and start. Those are on connector 1. On connector 2 I have zero ohms at pin 65. No voltage drop from pin 65 to ground terminal of the battery either. If I manually ground pin 48 the car will crank and start but dies within a second and flashes the security light. Turning off the key resets this and no security light flash when attempting to crank again
I hate condemning pcms but I think it has all it needs to crank. I grabbed a pcm and bcm from an 02 envoy at the local yard. My assumption is that the passlock system works through the bcm. I swapped them in and the exact same result, however now the door locks unlock when I remove the key with the replacement bcm. they did not and still do not with the original if I swap back. My SOLUS reads the different vin number and only throws a bcm code for the solar sensor. I have manual HVAC. I'll assume the envoy had automatic.
Are there any other modules that store the vin that could be affecting the VTD system and not allowing the pcm to give the crank relay ground signal? I dont think I have the immobilizer system. Can't find info on where to look for the module if I do. One last thing, I replaced the pcm with a programmed reman about a year ago to solve a throttle control issue.
Also wanted to add that when I try to start with the remote starter I get the same results.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:53 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Sorry nobody here answered your question. If you're still having issues, come on over to the Nation of GMT. Lots of people over there that can help.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=gmt+nation
Old 08-26-2019, 12:17 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman2 View Post
Sorry nobody here answered your question. If you're still having issues, come on over to the Nation of GMT. Lots of people over there that can help.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=gmt+nation
no need to post this nonsense 100 times.

and the site your promoting kinda sucks. like this place way better.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:51 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Hey, no problem. Just putting it out there. Already 2 people that came over after getting crickets here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in