Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Stock tires are practically bald, front and back...

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Fishhunter911 
#1 ·
So its time for some new ones. Originally I wanted to widen the rears, but the guy who did it never got back to me on it, so whatever. Sticking to stocker wheels.

Anyways, I have a bone stock (performance-wise, only for now) TBSS 2WD. I break traction all the time in rain, and sometimes on dry pavement. I don't know if its just because these tires suck, or if its because there is almost no tread left.

I was wondering what you guys thought the best tire for these was, not looking for something cheap that won't last. Traction is a must for me.

Thanks!

#4 ·
From what Ive heard its because the G/Y RS-As the SS comes factory with suck really bad. Im looking at some 20s now and have been eying the Toyo Proxies S/T, Hankook Ventus S/T RH06 or maybe the BFG g-Force KDW. These are however summer only tires as I have my Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos that cost a pretty penny and are only 4 months old. Im thinking P275-45/20, P275/55-R20, 255/50R20, or 265/50R20. Biggest I can get without rubbing, but my rims will be 8.5" wide vs 8" for the SS (think thats right).

#5 ·
I got a set of Kuhmo Ecsta STX, 275/45-20 and love them. Traction is great on dry pavement (don't drive it in rain). Not as expensive as KDW 2 I was lookin at, but I am very happy none the less. And my stock Goodyear’s only made it to 18000 miles...Onlly good for a year.:dielaugh:

#10 ·
Only thing the GY Eagles are good for is making lots of smoke! ;) I'll never own another set of Eagles, regardless of model, if I have any say in it. You really should consider another tire, I love my Hankooks, they just cut through just about anything.

#13 ·
Go for a ride with ME. When you have to pry yourself off the passenger side window from the Eagle F1's ability in a turn... Wet or dry they are aggressive. But the tread life is same low as the RSA's. (You will have to get the optional wider tire size.) It is always summer temps here.

Pulling the boat up a slick ramp No problems with my 2WD and F1's.

Michelin Pilot are the only higher rated tire for performance with a higher cost.

You may have to get a winter tire set - used RS-A's or whatever...

#15 ·
I will say it again dollar for dollar you will not find a better tire then the Hankook Ventus. The stick like friggin GLUE! Rain snow sleet ice, it doesnt matter they out performed the RSA 10 fold. I have over 3k on mine and show no signs a wear.. I drove these tires in all kinds of weather... no issues at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.