Fuel Leak Recall in the works Trailvoy 2002-2003 - Page 55 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > Announcements & Feedback > Latest GM News

Latest GM News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:40 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT XUV
Graphite Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Going through this now with my 04 XUV with 79K miles. Local GMC dealer is replacing tank due to filler check valve service recall good for 15 yrs/150K miles. They are telling me that the pump may also need replacing due to age and corrosion when they remove the tank. (I knew it was leaking from top at pump as well) The service recall for the pump is out as it was only 10 yrs/ 120K miles. Long story short, they tried to get me to pay labor and parts for replacing the pump with a $180 GM contribution as if it was a separate action (paying for labor again). I kept on them, and now they are only making me pay for the pump itself. They wanted $495 + tax just for the pump. I said I will bring my own pump. They fought that, then finally gave in and said ok but they wont warranty it. Who wants your damn warranty anyway??!! Ordering my pump from Rock Auto for $212 and will take it in once my tank is on E. I guess I'm nice like that..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 07:49 AM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 AWD
Update, GM customer care replied back n forth to my email I sent asking the same question, why not extend this for people with the same issue on newer models. He let me pick my nearest GM dealer to take it to but didn't say a word about the fix or getting it fixed. Didn't mention the bulletins or anything. Quite good at that aren't they.

Dealer called yesterday & said there was nothing about that recall or bulletin on my VIN, DUH. That is why I've been asking for GM to cover this. It's a known issue with 2002-2004 but they didn't extend it up to 2006! Anyways, had 2 recalls that weren't handled yet. Switch in the door & something else. Told him I'll schedule it in for those & while there if he can verify the leak is from the intake check valve. If so he said he'll message GM & let them know to see how they wish to proceed. Wish me luck. I'm really not wanting to drop $800-$1400 right now.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:18 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 AWD
Still getting the runaround from the GM rep. He states since the dealer I took it to won't cover it because it isn't a recall by GM I'm hosed. I fully understand the dealer's position, but to get that kind of reply from the manufacturer's rep?
And he ended the email with "all comments will be documented to your case #"

Last GM vehicle ever. My truck last year was our 5th. Never again.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:31 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
The expiration date for this "fix" was August of 2017 so I am a day late and a dollar short.

Getting another tank from a bone yard might be a way to go but the tank is plastic so the same problems might occur down the line.

There are no aftermarket tanks available but as it turns out I located a repair for this problem if anyone is interested.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb3JVwoYbPY

This is the company that makes the repair:

www.ellisautomationsurplus.com

The part is $165 and it comes with a new check valve and you will need to drop the tank. I don't have the necessary facilities to do this so I am trying to see if my local mechanic will do this job.

This truck has 171K miles and I'm not giving up on it yet.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:38 AM

BMW Buick BMW
Fire Red 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Hello Friends

I really like your writing style, good information, appreciate it for posting.

I consider something really special in this website.

I must admit that your post is really interesting. I have spent a lot of my spare time reading your content. Thank

you a lot!

Rent a Car in Mall of Emirates

Rental Cars UAE is the leading car rental company in Dubai. Best Car Hire & Rent a Car deals from more than 100

locations and 40,000 Cars to lease in Dubai.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:35 PM

link doesn't get news

Your link blogs.trucktrend.com/6203050/...ion/index.html

I don't see anything on that page that refers to the recall you mentioned, anyone else?

Thanks, -Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in