Pcm issues? Or connector? Need help - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer > 2013+ Chevrolet Trailblazer Forum

2013+ Chevrolet Trailblazer Forum Discussion on the new upcoming 2013 Chevy Trailblazer

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:39 AM

Pcm issues? Or connector? Need help

I removed all the connectors to pcm and ecm and the battery to repair the common power steering leak on d side front basically did it so i have more room. Connected everything back together now im getting few codes
P0036 - h02s heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0787 - shift/timing solenoid low
P1815 - transmission range switch start in wrong range.
P0976 - shift solenoid b control circuit low
P2769 - torque converter clutch circuit low
P2432 - secondary air injection system air flow/pressure sensor circuit low bank 1
P0141 - 02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0443 - evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit

I had no codes on dash or any issues till i did this repair. Check engine on traction with triangle on and traction with wrench is on all wiring looks ok and tested grounds are all good. Possible a bad pcm? Also tried to reset pcm with fuse 10 and 28 and comes back on soon as you start the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2018, 09:56 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
If there were no blown fuses it sure sounds like a connector issue to me.

For future reference I assume you disconnected the battery first and reconnected last. Otherwise, yes, inserting voltage spikes into computers at the connectors can cause them to fail.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:40 PM

That would be same as replacing the battery, yeah i connected the battery last, isnt it supposed to burn the fuse first? My pcm fuses are fine and does anyone have the pcm and harness scematic?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:40 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Autozone has complete wiring diagrams free on their website. Repair help / Repair guides / wiring diagrams.

Fuses are to keep things from catching fire. It is very difficult to protect semiconductors with just fuses. It is almost always the voltage that destroys them and not the current.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:06 PM

Ok im going to have a friend check all the connectors this weekend im not good with wiring he says if i can get those scematics he can check everything with a voltmeter. If everything checks out good. Do you recomment pcmforless or ebay?
Old 12-14-2018, 04:49 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salko88 View Post
Ok im going to have a friend check all the connectors this weekend im not good with wiring he says if i can get those scematics he can check everything with a voltmeter. If everything checks out good. Do you recomment pcmforless or ebay?
if its the pcm, and we hope its not.

both eBay and pcmforless would work. pcmforless might be better as with them you know what you will be getting.
no surprises.

post back with the results of the wiring test.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:19 PM

2005 BowTie TrailBlazer LT
Olympic White '50U' 4.2L I6 4X4
I don't know if that stuff all shares a common ground or not, but it seems like to many various sensors/circuits to be "+" voltage related to me. I'm guessing a ground problem. Re-check the harnesses to see if you forgot to re-install a previously removed ground wire somewhere; re-check the negative battery cable connections too.

Might be a poorly fitted PCM connector too.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:11 AM

Ok. Finally got a 3 year subscribtion for 30 bucks for alldatadiy.Friend never came by to help that was supposed to look at my wiring since im not good at wiring. So i got tired of it and started researching on alldata all my codes that are on are coming from pcm3 . Took apart the loom and sure enough about 8 inches back all my wires are corroded and as i was moving them they fell apart in the loom. So i rewired everything and cleared all codes. Everything is back to perfect.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:58 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Congratulations! Wiring issues can be such a pain. Thank you for posting your resolution. So many times the OP just disappears and we never know what happened.
Can you edit the thread title to show "SOLVED".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in