Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Rear lift gate noise when open

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  drwet 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 LT. When the rear lift gate is open it sounds like the latch keeps trying to lock every second. Any ideas why and what I need to do to correct this issue?
Just thinking about this, the rear wiper does not work. When on it makes a clicking noise but no movement. The washer does work though. Possibly the wiper and lift gate lock are connected.

#4 ·
EnvoyBoy2004
You are the man. I pulled the boot off against the door and 2 wires pulled out broken off. Cut them back, spliced then while checking the other end I saw another wire about to break. Cut n spliced it as well. All is working as it is supposed to.
Thanks for the guidance.

#8 ·
Thanks. I did find a pigtail at partsgeek.com and ordered.
I'm thinking of putting heat shrink on all the wires together, sliding them thru the rubber boot then soldering them together then possibly putting heat shrink on them individually. The reason for the heat shrink on them together hopefully it would help prevent the issue i had in the first place. To make the repair yesterday I had to cut the wires back near the plug and splice a longer wire to it. I had to do it to three wires. I then taped them all together on a small stiff wire. To get them to go thru the rubber boot I had to put KY jelly on it and it slid right thru. Who'd a thunk it!. Hopefully the pigtail wires are long enough that I can make the new connections near the rear dome light area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.