Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

LS intake manifold on a 5.3

15K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  xxxotiknightz 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had tried a corvette or Camaro intake manifold on a 05+ 5.3?

#2 ·
If you do it you'll have to buy the car accessory brackets and relocate everything on the serpentine belt.

Ive seen a few people do it, wish the truck intakes looked better but they make more torque than the car intakes do so Im keeping mine. If you want more performance, cam and a set of L92 heads and intake is the better option.

#3 ·
If you like to waste your money do that ^. L92 heads will NOT fit the stock 5.3 bore. They barely clear the 6.0 bore. OP- You have 243 heads (same head as LS6/2) if anything have them worked and add a nice cam. I have and have owned many LS1 Camaros and Trans am's if you have any other motor questions hit me up.

#5 ·
LS Manifold

I put a Cold Air Intake from K&N on my 06 5.3L and a Throttle Body Spacer and it made a noticeable difference in throttle response and low end torque. If you want to make a real difference change the rear end gearing. Most 5.3L TB came geared at 3.42 which is crap for the low end torque but it gives the best gas mileage numbers. I put a 4.10 Trailblazer SS rear end in my LS and WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! It screams from a stand still now and I do alot of towing taking my Saabs to shows and it pulled good before now its pulls amazing. And with the cold air intake and the rear end swap I didnt lose any mileage at all, im still getting roughly 24mpg on the highway but the performance gains are huge. Hypertech also has a ECU tuning box for around $500 and it has instant pre programmed settings for Towing, Highway and Overall increase plus I believe you can change certain parameters and save your settings. Much easier and a whole lot less work than changing heads, intake and pulleys. Ill have pics up soon showing the work done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.