Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

high rpm in gear

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ravalli Surfer 
#1 · (Edited)
hello this is my first time posting so please bear with me.I have a 2008 slt envoy i6 4.2.a couple weeks ago my battery was getting sluggish in the cold so I put a new one in and thats when problem started.high idle at stop signs(1200-1500). removed tb and cleaned well (with battery disconnected)same problem tried all the relearn cycles no change.when i start around 1200rpm then eventually settles to 600 will idle at 600 all day. put in reverse to backout of driveway first 20 feet good then jumps to 1200rpm(better be on brakes)pull out on road not touching and pedal will climb to 30mph.today at stop sign rose to 1600.only code is p0449 which truck has had since i bought 3yrs ago. does anyone know where my live data figures should be my longft is high25.4 today.I have read about vac leaks but sprayed area with carb cleaner no idle change but once again it idles fine just when gear it jumps today for first time while coasting at 45mph rpms dip to 700 back to 1200.just looking for a direction to go in my temp gauge stays steady at 210(live data says 190)

#3 ·
Run a scan --- DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY UNLESS THE VEHICLE IS ACTUALLY ON FIRE!

Report scan results.

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.