OEM Navigation: More Info Than You Could Possibly Want to Know - Page 40 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Magnetic Red Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
2003 gmc envoy xl bose amp

does anyone have or no where i can find the oem bose amp # 15112642, everything was stolen, insurance won't cover car was unlocked in back alley, just want radio to play, all the factory wiring plugs are intack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer
Black Other 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentbask View Post
does anyone have or no where i can find the oem bose amp # 15112642, everything was stolen, insurance won't cover car was unlocked in back alley, just want radio to play, all the factory wiring plugs are intack.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Bose-Amp...03884c&vxp=mtr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MODS: CAI | HID | DRL Killer | PCM4Less Tune
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 PM

2007 GMC Envoy SLE
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
To Bose,Or Not To Bose

,07 GMC Envoy. Are all Bose equipped system mark on face of HU? I don't know if I have it. I hope not as I want to go all after market.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:47 PM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Digging up an old one

I have an 07 Envoy Denali. My current radio has no BOSE markings on it, but when you turn it on it says BOSE on the display for a few seconds.
It is part number 15917881.

I'm assuming I want to replace it with a 158000000 Nav unit ?

What is this VSS wire I keep hearing of ?

Whats the part number of the antenna I need ?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:15 PM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
Moderators, please edit

Just discovered this thread, and the OP contains some serious errors. Here are some of them:

Quote:
This is probably where it loses quality. The wires from the head unit probably pick up a lot of interference because GM doesn't think and they just bundle the thin wires right along side electrical wires etc...
Probably? NOT. Audio signals between units are usually shielded cable. They are in my truck. Also, most wiring in the car carries 12VDC or digital signals, nothing that emits strong enough "interference" signals.

Quote:
The stronger the audio signal passing through the wires, the more suseptable the signal is too interference.
NO, he has it backwards. For a given amount of "interference", the stronger the signal, the higher the S/N (signal to noise ratio), i.e. the LESS susceptible the signal is to interference. That's why speaker wires aren't shielded, they carry high level signals.

At this point you can stop reading the rest of the post, because everything he says after that is based on the above false premise.

Moderators, please edit or remove that part of the post so people aren't misled. Feel free to verify with your favorite audio expert
Old 08-07-2016, 11:12 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
I've been searching for a few days now, and I can't seem to find a write up that has a very informative break down of the wiring changes needed to go from a NON-LUX Bose 6 disc to a LUX NAV unit.

I had an 07 Denali with the LUX system, and after running up the miles I sold it and found a 2006 Denali. I had no idea that the bose systems were so different until after I bought it! Never had the radio on during the test driving

Anyone know where I can find a write up on the pin changes and the extra connector needed? I know I have to change the amp and HU
Old 11-23-2018, 12:24 PM

Touch Screen

I have installed a factory radio in my 2004 ( late non Lux ) I am having a problem with the touch screen not responding, is this a common problem with these radios. I bought the radio as as really cheap so i'm not surprised if it is bad, was just wondering if this is a common problem or something that can be easily repaired?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:59 AM

Nice write up. There is tons of info on this subject, its just scattered about in 3 million threads over the last two years.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:26 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Following , i have an 02 just replaced speakers . now have to turn volume higher . Guess I need an amp also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in