Does anyone participate on here anymore? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:09 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Midnight Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Does anyone participate on here anymore?

I have made one post, posted in a second thread, and no one has even responded. Not even someone telling me I'm number 1 🖕. I'm sure someone will salute me now, but I'm really on here to gain some knowledge about my '04 Envoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 08:36 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
There aren't a lot of us here but there are enough to get answers in a day or so if you have a problem we can solve. But we don't usually respond to questions by noobies posted as replies to threads that were last viewed several years ago.

So I went back and replied to your brake question. Looks like you haven't read a lot of posts because we always want to know what codes you are getting. Posts like "I have a problem. What is wrong?" don't unusually get much of a response except for requesting more easily provided information.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:55 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-Al View Post
There aren't a lot of us here but there are enough to get answers in a day or so if you have a problem we can solve. But we don't usually respond to questions by noobies posted as replies to threads that were last viewed several years ago.

So I went back and replied to your brake question. Looks like you haven't read a lot of posts because we always want to know what codes you are getting. Posts like "I have a problem. What is wrong?" don't unusually get much of a response except for requesting more easily provided information.
Al - thanks for responding! I may be a noobie, but I've read tons of threads, however there's 10's of thousands to sift through and I landed on an lengthy thread about brake light/ electrical issue, and even though it is years old, the person who last posted (years ago) never got a response. The subsequent responses were what I was looking for. As you say there's lots of info in other threads, and I should read them, well I did and the one that sounds like it is on the right path, dried up with lack of response and participation. As all would agree, I don't want to start another thread discussing the same thing as someone else has already addressed.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Our old Trailblazers are hitting the scrap heap

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
I have made one post, posted in a second thread, and no one has even responded. Not even someone telling me I'm number 1 🖕. I'm sure someone will salute me now, but I'm really on here to gain some knowledge about my '04 Envoy.
Maybe many of the members' Trailblazers are no longer in use. There are no current comparable new vehicles available. That's why I still have mine, but then I also have a 1971 Charger Super Bee. With 149K on my 2007 Trailblazer, I would imagine that I too will have to settle for something else for my daily driver. I custom ordered my Trailblazer in late 2006. Looking now, there is nothing I could order now that has all of its' capabilities. Are we the only ones who actually use our SUVs to tow, off-road, and highway drive? Probably so, as the auto-manufactures are not looking to produce 4 door enclosed SUVs any more. May have to settle for a 4 door 4WD pickup and put a cap on it. My daily drives have always been GM products. Their pickups are now rated number 2 behind the F-150. We'll see, anyway, you're not alone. And I did post yesterday too.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:22 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Here in Indiana, there's tons of Envoys and Trailblazers on the road! I love my Envoy. There was one winter years ago where we had alot of snow, so much that they shut down the city of Indianapolis and didn't allow people to travel, and I was out in the hazardous environment. For the next several days, I literally pulled a Ford, Dodge, and Chevy truck out of the snow from slide off in the snow. Of course I saw Toyotas, Mitsubishis, Lexus, Nissans, and Hondas off the road, but I rolled down my window and told them they shouldn't have bought Jap Crap. The off road capabilities are great for here in the Midwest, not sure if how it would do in mountains or canyons, but that's not an issue I have to deal with.

My Envoy is really a great vehicle, and I hope to hold on to her for years to come. I hope my boys get a chance to drive it. It's comical how my 15 year old GMC is holding up better than my oldest son's Honda whatever SUV. He tells his mom, she should trade in her Japmobile and get an Envoy! 👊

Other than the electrical stuff going haywire and rust from the Indiana winter's, no issues! I'm seriously considering buying another one from Arizona and keeping it in the garage for the winters.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 PM

Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Al - thanks for responding! I may be a noobie, but I've read tons of threads, however there's 10's of thousands to sift through and I landed on an lengthy thread about brake light/ electrical issue, and even though it is years old, the person who last posted (years ago) never got a response. The subsequent responses were what I was looking for. As you say there's lots of info in other threads, and I should read them, well I did and the one that sounds like it is on the right path, dried up with lack of response and participation. As all would agree, I don't want to start another thread discussing the same thing as someone else has already addressed.
Long Island NY here. Plenty of snow too. Our driveway is 300' long and at a 40 degree incline up from the street. I don't snow blow unless we get more than 4 inches. Wife's 2013 RAV4 4WD and son's 2004 F-150 STX (off road edition) have no issues with traction. I did order my 2007 Trailblazer with a locking rear and the 18" chrome rims which are 1" WIDER than standard 17". Also with skid plates and recovery hooks. This was set up for traction in the sand, the more meat in the sand the less you sink in. I'm happy with it all except the recovery hooks. They're located in very small openings in the lower front bumper. Making them totally inaccessible. I refer to them as "Tits on a Bull", useless. And instead have to use my trailer hitch for recovery use. Luckily, I have been the one to recover others.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:56 AM

Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Not Much

Mostly people looking for free solutions to fix their TB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:04 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Yep. I’ll use the search function when I need an answer to something.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:55 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
hi i'm here
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
im around here and there.

not as active as i used to be.

dont really drive the envoy much these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in