Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Better MPG / fuel gas efficiency economy

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pers0n 
#1 · (Edited)
I think I read on here a thread that removing the rack up top helps fuel economy. I tried to search for it, but cant find the thread anymore

Is there anything one can do to bring up the miles per gallon?

Besides the typical - clean the throttle body, coast more, carry less, slow acceleration or drive more often at 55mph.

I've gotten 19mpg in my envoy once, right after cleaning the throttle body and new plugs and oddly enough it was loaded with camping gear and 2 bikes on the back, so who knows maybe it would of done even better, but I was on the interstate for several days. Typically I get 16-17 in the city, i drive pretty mild, coast a lot and use cruise control a ton.

Just seeing if I can use less gas if possible.

#2 ·
Just the crossbars, which are easy and can be reinstalled in 5 minutes. No need to go overboard. Regardless we are talking about teaspoons of fuel not miles per gallon.

I’m thinking of removing the sideboards. I’m guessing that will be 15 pounds per side. Again, probably not going to see a change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.