07 TB LT fan and 4x4 issue combined - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > The 02-09 "How-To" and DIY Section

The 02-09 "How-To" and DIY Section Threads on Do-It-Yourself and How-To goes here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:24 PM

07 TB LT fan and 4x4 issue combined

Good evening,

First post here. Might be long. I have an odd issue with the fan control affecting my 4x4 shift dial. The fan will only work on #5 setting, and on all lower settings, I get a mess of trouble lights on the dash. Brakes, traction control, 4x4, etc. Shop says the codes don't show up, only "Communication Error". I'm not going to spend hundreds to have them chase down intermittent electrical faults, so hoping someone here knows whats the likely cause.

Right now I cannot shift out of 2WD, but will want to come winter time. The fan occasionally works in 5th speed, but no others. I'll want the fan for winter too.

I did once in the past while have it all work well and tested the 4WD and it shifted no problem, so that works, but when it reverted back to having problems, it wouldn't shift. Most trouble lights go out when the fan is on 5, but still won't work the Auto or 4WD.

Hopefully someone can guide me here. So far I've checked the fuses for all the modules and 4WD but all look good.

Thanks,
Gord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 09:48 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Check out this YouTube video for the location of the ground point G201 and Splice Pack SP201. The grounding of this point provides many grounds to various areas in the dash area. Make sure the bolt is snug and also check for rust or corrosion under the bolt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TefXuAlBEtg
Old 08-12-2019, 07:07 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
worth checking it. alot of electrical issues (gremlins) can be traced to that one area.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:03 PM

Not it...

Nope. Checked it and it has to be the cleanest bolt on the whole truck. Looks like it never left the factory. Took it out and reset it just to be sure, but still get all the trouble lights. Is there a list or map of grounding points I can start checking?
Old 08-12-2019, 11:33 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
People who have had weird electrical problems have changed out the ignition switch and solved their problems. may be worth a try.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:46 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy2004 View Post
People who have had weird electrical problems have changed out the ignition switch and solved their problems. may be worth a try.
ignition switch or his 4x4 selector switch is acting up.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:29 PM

My vote is for a short in the blower control module
Old 08-15-2019, 12:00 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
It is probably not like our HHR, but one time when it's dash lights went crazy, it was *supposedly* the transmission PCM. When our blower in the HHR was stuck on high in all positions (and also on off), it turned out to be a few melted wires for the blower that touched a metal beam by the glove box. But, I didn't get any codes or dash lights for it.

Rob in AZ
Old 08-15-2019, 08:00 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgord View Post
Good evening,

First post here. Might be long. I have an odd issue with the fan control affecting my 4x4 shift dial. The fan will only work on #5 setting, and on all lower settings, I get a mess of trouble lights on the dash. Brakes, traction control, 4x4, etc. Shop says the codes don't show up, only "Communication Error". I'm not going to spend hundreds to have them chase down intermittent electrical faults, so hoping someone here knows whats the likely cause.

Right now I cannot shift out of 2WD, but will want to come winter time. The fan occasionally works in 5th speed, but no others. I'll want the fan for winter too.

I did once in the past while have it all work well and tested the 4WD and it shifted no problem, so that works, but when it reverted back to having problems, it wouldn't shift. Most trouble lights go out when the fan is on 5, but still won't work the Auto or 4WD.

Hopefully someone can guide me here. So far I've checked the fuses for all the modules and 4WD but all look good.

Thanks,
Gord
Once had a problem with my blower not working from 1 to 5 speeds. I have a 2005 Trailblazer Lt. They replaced the Blower Resistor Module for the ATC( Automatic Temp Control ). Check out the fuse too. After that, Fan blower is working on all speeds. Part is about $120
Old 08-15-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princej99 View Post
ignition switch or his 4x4 selector switch is acting up.
Had the ignition switch replaced a few years ago. I'll look into both the 4x4 and blower switches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in