my 2004 trailblazer will not start. - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat The TrailBlazer and Envoy Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:46 AM

Question my 2004 trailblazer will not start.

i did some brake work on my trailblazer and then it wouldnt start at all. i replaced the brake booster, master cyclinder, and ABS module and pump and when i went to turn my truck on it powered everything on but would not crank. i have replaced the relay, the ignition switch, and ignition cyclinder and still nothing. i am able to arc the strarter or jump the relay and it will fire for a couple seconds then it dies and wont fire again until i turn the key off and back on then it will fire again for a sec. all my fuses are good and my security light isnt on the only lights on are check engine light and abs light and those are always on. it throws like 40 codes off when i hook up my scanner also. please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 07:04 AM

Your problem sounds similar to mine. I don't think the work you did to the brakes has any bearing on your problem.

I also have power on the dash but no crank when I turn the key. Oddly my key fob won't unlock the car, but I have power. Very frustrating problem. Hopefully some one here can help us.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:11 AM

yeah my key fob doesnt unlock doors either.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:13 AM

Well I can't help much. I went to go trouble shoot the car yesterday and it fired right up. I bought a new ignition switch, cylinder, and relay too. Never ended up putting them in.

On another note. My car did have an after market remote start installed at some point but was giving the previous owner some issues so he had the shop take it out.

I'm thinking I have some loose or bad connection under my dash and will have to investigate further.

I'll continue to post back with what I find as I go. Maybe I can help resolve this, cause mine is definitely not fixed. Just temporarily working for now lolol.

If you do end up finding any thing let me know.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:03 PM

ok that would be very much appreciated. and i will stay up to date on here as well with my situation.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:49 PM

So I figured it out on my end. I ended up having a bad gauge cluster. Slapping the gauge cluster would bring it back to normal operation. Ended up going to the junk yard and pulling a used one which is working great so far. Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:54 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
my prior 2003 TB had 262k before I let my son use it and rod came through the block. He admitted to me that he might have possibly driver in the wrong gear on the highway days after I took it to the shop and mechanic said the tranny oil looked burned and motor oil was new. I knew something happened since it had just gone on a 600 mile trip just days before and ran perfect. Also had an oil change before the trip.
Currently have a 2004 envoy but not as used. Only has 130k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in