Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Has anyone used a Versahaul motorcycle carrier on their TB?

10K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  guy77 
#1 ·
I'm most interested in feedback on the Versahaul on the SS ...but would like ot hear from anyone who has used one of these.

Here's the model I'm looking at: http://versahaul.com/vhsportro.html

Specific concerns are a 80lb rack and a 350lb motorcycle suspended behind the rear bumper making the front wheels light... Not sure if the airbags will compensate enough or not...

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,

#2 ·
I saw a blue 07 TBSS out at the local track with a setup like that toating around a KTM 450 SX ..... didnt look like the TBSS had any problem with it.I would not mind having one to get my bike around.Also when I was out in AZ a few weeks back I saw a guy with a motor home and he had some Triumphs on his rig.One on the front and one out back...they were some big bikes too.

#9 ·
For what one of those carriers run, you could get a cheaper utility style trailer that is much more versatile... and not to mention SAFER...

I ride... and I would NEVER put a bike, dirt, street or other, on one of the style carriers.

#10 ·
I'm interested in doing that as well. Cycle World reviewed it and they liked it too. I've got an 03 SV1000 I want to hang off it, I'm just not sure the reciever will take it. One of the main reasons I'm interested is I may find my self wanting to tow both my CJ-7 and the bike at the same time behind the TBSS and I could put the bike off the back of the Jeep and the Jeep on a trailer behind the TBSS lol.

#12 ·
I prefer to take the safer than sorry route...

I've hauled dirt bikes and street bikes for about 20+ years now and have never put one of this style hitch mounted setup, nor will I.

For the price, I'd buy a flat trailer that is much more versatile... but that's just me.

Whatever one feels comfortable with and whatever works for them is what they should go with... it just wouldn't be a setup that *I* would use...

#13 ·
I've used this carrier for my DRZ-400E (about 280 lbs wet) with no issues. Carrier itself is only about 20 lbs (all aluminum). Self leveling suspension on the TBSS is great for these. And tongue weight is fine per spec.

No issues. Nervous as hell first time, but works great. And unlike a trailer, no licensing required and it leans against my garage wall where no trailer could.

#14 ·
Sorry to bring back an old thread, couldn't resist!
Regarding tongue weight limitations on our Trailvoys. I loaded up 430lbs of dumbells on the real tailgate, then closed the rear hatch down on them and secured everything. I drove around for 20 min like this going over potholes and everything was solid steering and control wise with the truck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.