Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

tbss awd

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  shelbygoat 
#1 ·
Just wondering if theres any way to make my tbss awd a 2wd and is it expensive ???? Please let me kno....i really dont need the awd in california id rather have it a 2wd ..thnx

#5 · (Edited)
From what I've put together, at a minimum you have to do a complete rebuild of the trans and buy the 2wd tail shaft piece. Front suspension has to be completely removed, drive train has to come down, output shaft replacement because it is different from a 2wd to an AWD. I'm sure there is other stuff, I've heard that the BCM has to be played with not for sure. Hopefully others chime in that really know what they are talking about.

#8 ·
Not really guys, a lot of AWD guys have converted to 2WD because when they start making big power the front diff tends to crap itself.

Need to remove all the AWD stuff (front cv axles, front diff, front driveshaft), pull the trans and remove the transfer case, then pull the rear tailhousing off the trans and put a 2WD version on, 2WD rear driveshaft and you're set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.