Hotchkis urethane front sway bar bushings free to a good (02-03) home - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > TrailVoy Chapters > Western Canada

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Hotchkis urethane front sway bar bushings free to a good (02-03) home

Okay, Hotchkis includes two sets of front sway bar bushings with their performance rear sway bar kit: one for 04+ and one for 2002-03. I used the 04+ front bushings, so I have a set of brand new 02-03 front bushings that I can send free to a good Canadian home.

The stock rubber bushings do a good job, but if yours are truly on their last legs and you can't afford the few bucks to get new ones, PM me and I send them free to the most deserving home.

I am speculating here but I don't think they are doing the slightest bit of good sitting on the floor of my garage. (I am thinking the garage DOES seem to corner a lot flatter than normal though ...)

Please check the Hotchkis installation instructions to be SURE these bushings will fit your front bar:http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_fi...634894file.pdf

It is an easy install. Jack the truck and support on jack stands, unbolt two bolts on each side, slide the bushings out and around the corner of the sway bar and pry off. Use a good silicone grease and grease the new bushings, slip the bushings on the bracket with the slices FORWARD, hammer the brackets with a couple of quick blows to seat the bushings and slide them back in position. Bolt them back up and torque to 41 foot-pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 AM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
That is very nice of you. There were, IIRC, two sizes of sway bars on the '02-'03. I know mine is the 1.81". Do you know what size the extras that you have are?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Western Canada Chapter

2003 TrailBlazer and '09 Kadillak Eskalade __
sExY Dark Gray Metalic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenhawk View Post
Okay, Hotchkis includes two sets of front sway bar bushings with their performance rear sway bar kit: one for 04+ and one for 2002-03. I used the 04+ front bushings, so I have a set of brand new 02-03 front bushings that I can send free to a good Canadian home.

The stock rubber bushings do a good job, but if yours are truly on their last legs and you can't afford the few bucks to get new ones, PM me and I send them free to the most deserving home.

I am speculating here but I don't think they are doing the slightest bit of good sitting on the floor of my garage. (I am thinking the garage DOES seem to corner a lot flatter than normal though ...)

Please check the Hotchkis installation instructions to be SURE these bushings will fit your front bar:http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_fi...634894file.pdf

It is an easy install. Jack the truck and support on jack stands, unbolt two bolts on each side, slide the bushings out and around the corner of the sway bar and pry off. Use a good silicone grease and grease the new bushings, slip the bushings on the bracket with the slices FORWARD, hammer the brackets with a couple of quick blows to seat the bushings and slide them back in position. Bolt them back up and torque to 41 foot-pounds.
Me me pick me pick me!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:20 PM

Wooluf, I could measure them but the bushings ID is not the same as the bar OD, for some reason. All I know is that they are larger than the 04+ bushings. Check the Hotchkis link or read the many postings in here.

Plus, I was going to send them to a good Canadian home; sorry. Nothing against you, it's just if I am going to send them for free on my dime and I don't know anything about cross-border documentation.

We lost another Canadian soldier in Afghanistan yesterday - as did the U.S. too - but this is now way over a hundred Canadian soldiers who have died in Afghanistan doing what they thought was right for their country in the last three years.

This may not be much, but this is just another way I can 'pass something on' to fellow Canadians in memory of those who go willingly into war zones, knowing they may come home in a box.

Maybe if every one of us in Canada, the U.S., Britain, Germany and all the other countries who have lost soldiers in the Middle East did one small little thing for a fellow countryman to 'pay it forward,' we will help to make sure they are never forgotten.

I watched the repatriation ceremony at CFB Trenton last week, and then the procession up Highway 401 from CFB Trenton to Toronto. Two of the coffin-bearers were struggling under the weight of their compatriot because they had lost legs in Afghanistan but they still turned out to do what they could. Thousands and thousands of people silently lined the 401 and stood ten deep on every overpass as the procession passed. (This stretch of highway has not been officially renamed the "Highway of Heroes.")

Maybe it's just a couple of bushings but I want them to go to a good home.

Or maybe I am just getting sentimental in my old age.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:42 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
The Hotchkis are 42 mm bushings, my stock bushings were 42.5 mm. Your 1.81 inches would be 45.9 mm.....but may be what they're labeled, I'd be willing to get the bar is 41.5 or 43 mm in diameter. (You may want to check the bar size again). For some unknown reason, GM lists the bushing at 1.81 inches, but nearly all 02/03 models actually have 42.5mm bars with a few with the 41.5.

The later year bars are smaller at around 34-ish mm in size, to allow it to pass through the frame rail as opposed to below it. (02/03 bars bolt below the frame, 04+ pass through it).
Old 07-19-2009, 07:03 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
What a nice thing you are doing! Just another reason why this is the BEST forum on the web! I agree, too many of our selfless men and women have fallen so we can enjoy life in a free society!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 AM

damn I would take these.. but im not in Americas Hat
Old 07-20-2009, 02:04 AM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
I understand. I wasn't looking for the freebie. Just figured some one was going to ask. I believe the bushing hole is smaller so there is no slop when it is bolted in.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 AM

Funny thing is that the bushings are stamped "44 mm." Oh well, they should fit any 02-03.

Blazernut gets the bushings because he had the best sob story. Apparently, he had to serve his Porsche mechanic 24-year-old Scotch because his French maid drank all his 30-year-old. I think that deserves the last brownie! Oh, the humanity!

While on the topic of Scotch, we were having a discussion at the beer tent at the Fringe Festival tonight. One of my friends admitted that he poured 4-year-old Scotch into a single-malt 24-year-old bottle and served it to his friends.

I told him that I liked to pour 24-year-old Scotch into a 4-year-old bottle.

This way, I always get to drink the good stuff and all my friends leave early, preserving my best Scotch for myself.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Put the 24 year old in the 4 year old bottle. The 4 year old in the 24 year old bottle. Then serve from the 24 bottle, you get to keep the good stuff and you still look like Daddy Warbucks for serving 24 year old scotch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in