Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

bulldog remote start help

[SOLVED] 
5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BlazerCowboy 
#1 ·
i just installed a bulldog remote start (R82b) i believe is the model number. I believe I have all the wires hooked up correctly and the passlock 2 bypassed with the built in by pass that came with the remote start. My problem is when I press the start button on the remote everything comes on in the car the heater, dash lights, radio etc. and the remote start begins to click but the car never cranks or tries to turn over until you put the key in the ignition and turn it to run then the car will start the next time the remote start comes on then I can turn it off pull the key and the car stays running until you press the brake or push the off button on the remote. Also if you put the key in the ignition turn it to run and then back off and pull the key out if i press the start button within two or three seconds from removing the key it will start then also but any longer than 3 seconds it goes back to doing the same thing it does if you try and remote start it without putting the key in and turning it to run. Can anybody please tell me what the hell is going on and what I need to do to fix this problem, I've been fooling with this damn thing for going on 5 days now and I cant figure it out and Ive searched the internet and bulldogs website trying to find the fix and I've come up empty handed. I cant remember if I said at the beginning of this or not but the vehicle I've installed this in is a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer SS, All-wheel drive. If anybody knows what's happening or seen this before and could help me out:drool I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much.
P.s. Toda is 1216/12 and I still haven't.figured out

See less See more
#3 ·
You are not bypassing the passlock security system. The remote system is working but the security system is not seeing the correct code from a key to allow you to start. I know some of these system require you to install a key into a receiver under the dash to allow the passlock system to see the proper code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.