Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2009 trailblazer tail light problem

861 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  thall320578 
#1 ·
Hi, I recently received a 2009 Trailblazer and it has a new problem.
When I brake the left and right tail lights do not come on, the top bar does but when I lock my car the lights come on so I don't think it would be the bulb since it still comes on. Very inexperienced with cars

:thx

#2 ·
The rear bulbs are dual filament, one for the brake and the other is the parking lamp. The one you see come on when you lock the truck is the parking lamp.

Check fuse #34 in the rear (under rear seat) fuse box. That is for the brake lights. The high mounted brake light has a separate fuse (#16).

#4 ·
Double check the inside of the plugs for the bulbs for being burnt or corrosion. I just diagnosed the same issue not long ago on a 2004 Isuzu Ascender, no brake lights but the running lights and the 3rd brake light all worked. Pulled the bulbs out and found the sockets looked very burnt up and a little corrosion inside too. I cleaned them up the best I could, even used a small pick to pull the tabs inside out a little so they pressed against the contacts on the bulbs a little better, applied a little dielectric grease for good measure, and installed all new bulbs. Worked great after that and have had no issues since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.