Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2006 DENALI Envoy SparkPlug Electrode Wear

[SOLVED] 
2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jkb242 
#1 · (Edited)
I inspected a couple of my spark plugs after original posting a thread on a misfire on one cylinder which has since been resolved. I have found two additional plugs that do not show abnormal mixture issues but have shown the same center electrode wear which looks abnormal to me. Comments concern thes pictures are very much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks very much I wasn't aware that the center electrode began pointed. The one I replaced was not like this when replace and it was an AC DELCO iridium.

Thanks again!!

#5 ·
Yes the Iridium plugs have a very small pointed tip new. They last a very long time, so you should always coat the threads with an anti-seize compound so they come out easy next time.

The Iridium tip is very tough, but once the Iridium is worn off the electrode wears very quickly. So it's not uncommon to have 7 plugs that look worn very little and one plug with an electrode burnt down to a nub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.