Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Air Inductions Inc. new supporting vendor!

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ghoster 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Bill and I am with Cold Air Inductions Inc. (aka CAI Inc.) Although we have been offering popular CAI systems for the 06-09 TBSS and Envoy for a while now, we have recently become a supporting vendor of this forum and are looking to become a bigger part of this community! Just a little background on us, we have been manufacturing high quality cold air intake systems since 2004, and produce intake systems that are different than anything else on the market. One of the things that we really pride ourselves on here is our unique design approach, and our commitment to developing products that are only at the highest level of materials and craftsmanship. I would like to share with you a little more about our overall design concept so that you will have a better idea of what we are about.

There are MANY factors that come into play when designing and engineering a cold air intake system for your vehicle. All of these factors can add up to a few additional HP when done correctly. Common sense tells you that here are really 3 main goals that a cold air intake should be trying to achieve to get the best gains, below are those objectives as well as how CAI Inc. meets them.

1. Faster and Smoother Airflow: Sounds simple right? Well there are many factors that come into play here. How the air is entering the filter, what is the air doing inside the filter, how does the air transition from the filter to the intake tube, once in the intake tube what is the air passage like. I could literally write pages on this stuff butt I am going to point out a few of the main design features the CAI Inc. system has to create the smoothest and fastest airflow.

We start with the filter, rather than reading a bunch of boring technical jargon, watch this 3-D video I had made that takes you inside a CAI Inc. filter, I think you will like it:
http://www.coldairinductions.com/air...ers-in-action/

Ok, so hopefully you watched the video and have a better idea about the velocity stack and smooth bore tube stop. Now for the intake tube, basically we test various bends, angles, and diameters until we find the best airflow. Also we use an oiled filter media which flows better than a non-oiled filter (there has been many debates and opinions on this but with all the testing and 3rd party testing we have done we find an oiled filter helps us achieve the best gains) I actually wrote an informative article on this topic for TheHorsePowerJunkies.com, you can find the article here.

2. Cold Air: You are buying a "cold air intake" correct? Shouldn't the air be as cool as possible? Answer...OF COURSE! We do a few things here to ensure your vehicle in taking in the coolest air possible. First we start with where we are getting the air from. The cooler the air we take in the better we can keep it cool, so rather than having an open intake sucking in your hot engine bay air, we seal off the system and try to pull the air from the coolest possible place, outside your vehicle. Now that we have that cooler air, how do we keep it as cool as possible? Well, we do a few things. First of all we seal off the intake box from your heated engine bay; we then add insulation inside the box to keep engine bay air from soaking through the box affecting your intake air. Once the air reaches the intake tube we protect it from heated engine bay by ceramic coating our intake tubes inside and out. This reduces heat soak to keep the air as cool as possible. All these extra design features add up to cooler air, which means more HP.

3. Cleaner air: Your filter should be keeping the air going into your engine as clean as possible. Our filters have a huge filter media area and have 8 layers of filter pleats, almost double the pleats compared to the industry average. Again the video covers a lot of this and is more entertaining than reading an essay:
http://www.coldairinductions.com/air...ers-in-action/

I hope this helps better explain some of the things we are thinking of when we design a system. I know it seems simple, and actually it is, but there are a lot of factors considered when we develop something. If it were as simple as just getting air from the filter to the throttle body we could develop a lot more systems a lot faster than we do. Some companies take this approach but it's just not what we are about. We feel that we should be designing the best system your money can buy, so if we can get you 2 more HP than the other guy by putting in a little more effort and thought, well that’s what we are going to do. You can also find a lot more information on our website, or just contact me with any further questions. I really look forward to speaking with many of you in the future, thanks! :thumbsup:

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.