2005 TB driver's door buttons don't work - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > The 06-09 SS "How-To" and DIY Section

The 06-09 SS "How-To" and DIY Section Threads on Do-It-Yourself and How-To goes here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:25 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
2005 TB driver's door buttons don't work

nothing on the door panel works, door locks, windows, windows locks. Replaced the ACDelco D1426G GM Original Equipment Door Lock and Window Switch. Still nothing. Any ideas? I think I read some where that on some models this had to be programmed. Are there instructions for this somewhere?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2019, 08:18 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
GM had a problem with these switch modules and issued a recall that has no expiration date. My 2007 had this replaced a few months ago under this recall.

In the repair section Chilton's says it needs to be programmed and points to a section on programming but that section never mentions the door switch modules. Since mine was replace free by the dealer I don't know if programming was required.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 AM

Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
ok. I thought I read some where that the recall was only on 2006 and newer. I will check to be sure.

thanks.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Oops. Unfortunately you are correct. I had thought it applied to 2007 and earlier.
Quote:
Recall Number 13V248000 Recall Date 06/13/2013 Component ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Summary
General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2005-2007 SAAB 9-7x; 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL; and 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier and Isuzu Ascender vehicles. Fluid may enter the driver's door module, causing corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board. A short may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing odor, smoke, or a fire.
Now it would appear that your problem would be in the connectors/wiring. I would start by checking in the door hinge area. Or the rumors might be correct that it has to be programmed. Not much help, am I?
Old 05-22-2019, 06:53 PM

Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I've seen a few posts that ended up being chafed wires in the door wire boot. If you can't see a chafed wire you might be able to open the door slowly while pushing buttons to see if it will work.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
pewter 5.3L V8 2WD
Indeed programming of the new assembly is required for it work.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:34 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sandalwood Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaHunter View Post
nothing on the door panel works, door locks, windows, windows locks. Replaced the ACDelco D1426G GM Original Equipment Door Lock and Window Switch. Still nothing. Any ideas? I think I read some where that on some models this had to be programmed. Are there instructions for this somewhere?

Thanks,
I had to replace my switch panel on my 2003 TB. It had to be programmed to the stupid computer in the TB, by the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in