Better 0-60 time - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Racetrack Results

Racetrack Results Discuss kill stories on the track, results, etc.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Forum Advisory
Discussion about any type of illegal street racing is not permitted. TrailVoy.com will not promote the illegal and reckless use of vehicles for street racing. Any posts and/or threads about such illegal activities will be removed and appropriate actions will be taken.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:15 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
That's a good run for an I-6!
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
I have a PCMforless tune and a drop in K&N high flow air filter with royal purple in the rearend. Dex 6 in the tranny and an exhaust leak lol but i brake torqued it to about 2200 rpms and mashed it with stop watch in hand! I managed a 6.93 on the stop watch slightly downhill. Normal times are about 7.2-7.5 without brake torquing it and that's on flat ground too! Oh mine also has 219,000 miles on it.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:22 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazerdude View Post
Do you have Mods? if so what kind, I hit 6.1 seconds w/ my 4.2 the other day. But ya, you can always get an SS. I nosed a Civic SI w/ a turbo, manual, and a fart can. He weighs about 1500 lbs. less. He had to have been pissed. I have most all the mods, tune, cai, exhaust, throttle body spacer, Bilstein/rancho shocks, 1/4 tank of gas, HD rear springs help my launch. I usually brake torque or neutral drop @ 2500 and she gets going.
i have a hard time believing 6.1. thats not far off stock ss trailblazers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 AM

- - -
- Other 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtbss View Post
i have a hard time believing 6.1. thats not far off stock ss trailblazers
Maybe this is the key:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazerdude View Post
. . . I have most all the mods, tune, cai, exhaust, throttle body spacer . . .
Old 05-14-2013, 07:53 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sandstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
better 0-60, weather permitting

I've noticed that barometric pressure makes the difference on acceleration times, and just power in general. Check your local weather. On days when the barometer is up, the difference is like night and day here in Idaho, which seems to offer extemes in atmopheric pressure levels. Some days, my I6 feels completely gutless, and on other days, wheeeeeee!!!! I completely wasted a BMW sedan in Boise a few weeks ago. That was probably a high-pressure day on the barometer. I know this also affects all of the other cars on the road on the same day, but I've noticed the TB seems to be affected by barometric pressure much more than anything else I've ever owned. This is why it would be nice if someone made a turbo for the Atlas I6 engine.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinidaho View Post
I've noticed that barometric pressure makes the difference on acceleration times, and just power in general. Check your local weather. On days when the barometer is up, the difference is like night and day here in Idaho, which seems to offer extemes in atmopheric pressure levels. Some days, my I6 feels completely gutless, and on other days, wheeeeeee!!!! I completely wasted a BMW sedan in Boise a few weeks ago. That was probably a high-pressure day on the barometer. I know this also affects all of the other cars on the road on the same day, but I've noticed the TB seems to be affected by barometric pressure much more than anything else I've ever owned. This is why it would be nice if someone made a turbo for the Atlas I6 engine.
thats interesting, because last night i ran two 0-60 runs with my 06 4.2 EXT. both were between 9 and 9.5 seconds. the intersting thing is that a couple nights before, i got 8.7. i live in south louisiana right about even with sea level. for the 8.7 run(s), it was cooler around 50 degrees or so and the air was pretty dry for south LA. for the slower run i just did it was around 75 degrees and VERY HUMID (Louisiana weather changes daily). so even at sea level, air temperature and more importantly humidity make a big difference on our straight sixes
Old 08-05-2017, 08:09 AM

2005 Buick Rainier
Titanium Metalic 5.3L V8 AWD
05 Rainier AWD V8 No tuining

0-60: 5.6 seconds
Old 10-14-2018, 09:20 PM

0-60 time...

My 2004 Trailblazer (4.2 i6) is getting from 0-60 in about 10.5 seconds. I think there must be something really wrong. What do you guys think?

Here's what I know:
It has been very well taken care of, has been to the dealer recently. I had them look at EVERYTHING. Here is what they checked and did to it:
Torque converter fluid changed
Transmission fluid changed
Catalytic converter (2 years old)
Exhaust system (2 years old)
Throttle body (cleaned)
Fuel pressure (checked)
Air filter evaluated
Plugs and wires changed

It was taken in because of a lack of power (especially in the low rpm range) and they told me overall that it was in excellent shape and that there was nothing wrong with it at all. Of course they proceeded in telling me that if I wanted a better performing vehicle that I should purchase a new one (haha)... Expected...

It's so peculiar to me because I see so many people getting times of 7-8 seconds. Something is just not right. Anyone agree? Oh, and to really make it sound strange, I also had it tuned by PCMofNC. Their tune has certainly made my vehicle more driveable (much better shift points and transmission behavior) but the times are about the same. I think my times before the tune were somewhere in the 11-12 second range. Anyways, moving on, if anyone wants to have a look at a log that I captured while doing a 0-60 pull I can certainly find a way to post it.

I would really appreciate any help or pointers to get me looking in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in