Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Maf position

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  RedEnvoyDenali 
#1 ·
I just took my K & N filter out for its annual clean, oil and reinstall. I removed the MAF on my 5.3L Denali and when it went to put it back in I installed it at a different angle then when I removed it. From the filter side I took it out with the plug at about 8:00 o'clock and reinstalled it with the plug at about 11:00 o'clock.

Does anyone know or have any opinions on if the orientation makes any difference?

:thx to the :grouphug:

#2 ·
the same thing happened in my SS after installing my IEATSRT8 CAI.. i posted pix with the MAF at 12 o'clock... instead of getting the replies i was expecting (like hey nice intake, etc...) they drilled me for not "clocking" my MAF sensor.. it had to be angled towards the firewall... but nobody ever told me why... and when at the dealership i questioned that.. and the dealership couldnt even answer me WTF :confused:....

so i clocked it according to what everyone said and putt it back to as "factory" as i could before the installation of the CAI.. and have been fine ever since....

no this doesnt answer your question but it helps to know that you werent the only one experiencing this.... :tiphat

#5 ·
Here is what I found on a technical bulletin

Proper MAF alignment and plumbing size are crucial to maintain proper air fuel ratios and prevent nasty check engine lights and cause the car to run dangerously lean. We also found that the stock intake does get heat soaked and causes a loss in power due to the high temps the sensor sees.

#6 ·
Well we are making progress. Still don't know exactly why, but if it has to be, it has to be.

Now do we clock the connector to 9:00 o'clock or is it more like 8:00 o'clock or 8:30.? :confused::confused::confused:

I wasn't smart enough to look before I disconnected it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.