Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Envoy Tail Lights?

82K views 96 replies 47 participants last post by  NJDad 
#1 ·
Is it just me or are all the aftermarket tail lights for Envoys really REALLY ugly? I can't seem to find one that doesn't make me want to hurl...

Has anyone found a 1/2 decent set??

#11 ·
this is one of things that ticks me off, looking at just about every other truck with many tail lights options to choose from but ours. we only have 4 choices.
1. stock ( night shaded or smoked film )
2. altezza chrome
3. altezza black ( paint to body color )
4. ascender.
:hissy: then you drive down the street and see 5-6 different Honda civic tails.

#32 ·
Here is a pic of my Isuzu Ascender lights I got in a few weeks ago.
I will try to get a better picture this Sunday if I can. I wired up the lights so that when you go in reverse it uses the Envoy and Ascender white lights for backup.

Details on purchase:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Collision Catalog - 2007 - Isuzu - Ascender
Rear lamps, Combination lamps, Tail lamp assy, Tail lamp assy Right $0.00 $105.90

Rear lamps, Combination lamps, Tail lamp assy, Tail lamp assy Left $0.00 $101.80

Sub Total: $207.70
Tax $0.00
Shipping $22.85
Total: $230.55

I will be converting these lights to LED very soon.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Note: The orange appears on the left of the light due to the flash firing on the camera. I'll get a better shot without the flash to see how it really looks.

#41 ·
Where did you order your Ascender tail lights?

Here is a pic of my Isuzu Ascender lights I got in a few weeks ago.
I will try to get a better picture this Sunday if I can. I wired up the lights so that when you go in reverse it uses the Envoy and Ascender white lights for backup.

Details on purchase:
Rear lamps, Combination lamps, Tail lamp assy, Tail lamp assy Right $0.00 $105.90

Rear lamps, Combination lamps, Tail lamp assy, Tail lamp assy Left $0.00 $101.80

Sub Total: $207.70
Tax $0.00
Shipping $22.85
Total: $230.55

I will be converting these lights to LED very soon.

View attachment 8257
Note: The orange appears on the left of the light due to the flash firing on the camera. I'll get a better shot without the flash to see how it really looks.

#36 ·
Over in Lower Saucon, PA (Bethlehem) about an 1hour or so from HB.
Unfortunately I was working on trying to make my own wiper cowl yesterday and forgot to snap some pix. I would try to take some today but its rainy (so prob later this week).

For the LEDs I was going to just look for led bulb replacements online and maybe see if I could stuff a red LED light strip into one of the brake light locations. Still debating if I want to cut the lights open.

#38 ·
I found some LED taillights at www.yourhotcar.com for an 05 Envoy:bonk:. But, I did not like that they come with a reverse light. Since the Voy already has a reverse light on the bumper. I contacted the supplier, and they replied that both the reverse lights on the bumper and tail lights will work together. Any thoughts?
There are no LED options for the Envoy. What you see is the option for the Trailblazer and it will not fit the Envoy. And you will have to do some wireing to get both the reverse in the bumper and Ascender tails to work together.

#43 ·
My first mod. I don't see how a 5 year old vehicle could end up in a junk yard because of the CARS program (Cash for Clunkers), but I found an Ascender that the only thing left on it were the tail lights and the engine. I was able to get said tail lights for $30.00 each.:)

#47 ·
I picked up my ascender lights from http://www.autopartspeople.com/

Excuse me for the poor pictures... here is how I wired up my reverse lights

View attachment 8448
I like the labels on the miscellaneous items in the background. I was wondering what those were. :undecided
:laugh:

Well done on the install. Very extensive and I'm sure it will help plenty of the members out on Trailvoy.

Any admins out there think they can separate this part of this thread and sticky it? This is very well-done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.