Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

What can it handle

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JTX 
#1 ·
I have an 07 TB 4.2 2wd standard blazer bought it for my fiance. We both love the truck,a great fit for starting our life together and all that stuff. However I'm curious if it will handle ,towing my 69 pontiac . Any info on how these handle towing a large car 100 miles on the highway would be great . Thank you.

#2 · (Edited)
You don't say what engine or differential ratio is in the TrailBlazer.

Don't know what type trailer you'll use or what model the Pontiac may be.

Worst case scenario is 5,400 lbs payload for the I6 engine with 3:42 and 2 wheel drive.

If you want towing calculations (to be exact), provide the info needed, as listed above.

I would not have any reservations towing your Pontiac 100 miles. Good luck.

See owners manual for your T.B. below. Look in towing section, page 365.

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/chevrolet/2007-trailblazer.pdf

#4 ·
It is a pontiac grand prix weighing in the neighborhood of 3800 lbs it's in in line 6 standard car trailer .I believe 3:42 gears . I will check owners manual . I'm mainly curious as to how they handle a heavy load

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Depending on the trailer weight, you will probably be over the recommended limit.

But, going 100 miles will be fine.

Remember to keep the T.B. in 3rd gear.

I towed a '51 Chevy (3,300) with a UHaul (2,200), and, with respectable driving practices, all went well for 560 miles.

It all towed very well.

I DID keep the car somewhat towards the rear of the tandem axle trailer, to maintain a level T.B. and trailer.

#6 ·
big aftermarket transmission cooler is an absolute must. sounds to me you will be close to the maximum capacity of the engine and rest of running gear. So, why not tow with it?

This spring we are going to start towing with our '04 Envoy SLT and we will be right at maximum capacity. Probably will be somewhat of a struggle but am used to that since the Envoy will be replacing our tow vehicle used since 1988, a 1965 Chevy Van with 292 inline 6. It has done the job greatly, but did slow down on hills and with headwinds. I installed the 292-TH350 combo back when the speed limit was 55 mph, so we are used to leisurely blue highway towing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.