Camshaft Time - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:49 PM

Camshaft Time

Okay guys I am ready for a cam. I have had my truck for about 6 hours . I signed papers after lunch.

What do you guys think on cam choices I have a few good ideas of my own but I was wondering who if anybody has done some testing. I want more midrange myself.

Also does the Vector tune lock your computer if not I will buy it if so I will not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
Congrats on your new TB SS.

It's mod time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Another congats, and Bill is right, mod time awaits!

Old 02-21-2006, 01:02 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Mocha Steel Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
congrats on the SS! Good luck with the mods!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Your best bet would be to check with other (LS2) forums, or any Corvette guy that has spent some time with the motor to see what they have tried and what does and doesn't work. And of course, let us know what you find.

Welcome to the site.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:23 AM

The LS2 at least in the C6/GTO comes with the same cam specs that the 2001 Z06 came with , not sure if the SS LS2 is any different , the key to making good power will be to match the cam specs to the characteristics of the truck intake that is used on SS LS2's , the intake is designed more for low to mid range so it won't make sense to put a cam in it that makes power way up top , with a cam , and headers we could probably pick up at least 40-50 RWHP , like the C6 LS2's are making .
Old 02-21-2006, 01:29 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Vector will give you a tune locked or unlocked, your choice. They're great like that.

Contrary to what someone else has said, as far as a cam goes, I would not seek advice from car guys. We've got 1,500 lbs on a Vette or GTO, and also have the auto tranny to deal with.

You can do something just a little better than stock, like Lingenfelter's GT2-3 which specs out at 207/220, .580/.580, 118.5. This is a little better than stock in the duration department (204/211) and better in lift (.525/.525).

Comp has an old standby that lots of guys like - 212/218, .559/.563, 115. That will probably give you the right amount of high-end without losing low-end, requiring an aftermarket torque converter.

Then you could step up into the 220/220 region or higher, which will likely necessitate getting a new converter.

What are your goals? How will you be driving it? Will you ever tow with it?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS
Vector will give you a tune locked or unlocked, your choice. They're great like that.

Contrary to what someone else has said, as far as a cam goes, I would not seek advice from car guys. We've got 1,500 lbs on a Vette or GTO, and also have the auto tranny to deal with.

You can do something just a little better than stock, like Lingenfelter's GT2-3 which specs out at 207/220, .580/.580, 118.5. This is a little better than stock in the duration department (204/211) and better in lift (.525/.525).

Comp has an old standby that lots of guys like - 212/218, .559/.563, 115. That will probably give you the right amount of high-end without losing low-end, requiring an aftermarket torque converter.

Then you could step up into the 220/220 region or higher, which will likely necessitate getting a new converter.

What are your goals? How will you be driving it? Will you ever tow with it?
Well said .
Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM

I nowwhat a cam is and where it goes..beyond that, I'll ask either of you guys ...
Old 02-21-2006, 02:46 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Mocha Steel Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
The amount of knowledge floating around this thread is giving me a headache!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in