Shift/throttle response post Vector Tune - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:04 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Stealth SS your Vetter is AMAZING! On the issue..I have noticed this slightly with my bone stock SS. I'm still going for the TUNE though...that first to second gear slip bang is making me angry along with the can I get out of my own way launch and fall on my face gear changes . Now all I have to do is figure out where and how to remove the ECU/TCU or whatever they are.
[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=Gray]SS[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[SIZE=2] [B]Car 2:[/B] 01 VW Jetta 1.8T [COLOR=Red]300HP[/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]339ft lb[/COLOR] torque[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 07:10 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
6L80 is worse

I just read in one of the driving glove mags that the new vette with the 6 speed auto has to downshift from 6th to 2nd when you floor it and it takes forever. Essentially the same problem we have. So will the 6 speed force GM to deal with the problem? I imagine the caddy drivers will bitch since they get the 6l80 as well.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:34 PM

Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane
I just read in one of the driving glove mags that the new vette with the 6 speed auto has to downshift from 6th to 2nd when you floor it and it takes forever. Essentially the same problem we have. So will the 6 speed force GM to deal with the problem? I imagine the caddy drivers will bitch since they get the 6l80 as well.
How about a link to the article? Or if you don't have a link, the name of the publication and the month/issue?

FYI, here are the ratios for the 6L80E:

First: 4.02
Second: 2.36
Third: 1.53
Fourth: 1.15
Fifth: 0.85
Sixth: 0.67

And [B]here is a chart[/B] with speed, rpm, etc. with the 6L80E in a TBSS (with the most likely rear end gears, 3.42's).

Old 04-10-2006, 11:37 PM

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I haven't really noticed any problem re: the trans kickdown I agree though it is most likely situational. I am thinking I might go for a 3.73 ratio in my TBSS 2wd with Vector tune , my carbon fiber CAI w/K&N, maybe a slightly higher stall convertor and probably 285/50R20 rear tires. Save a few RPM on the Highway, but when they adapt a 6L80E to our SS's on on that train for sure. No seat issues yet either.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
6L80E would have been better trans for TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS
How about a link to the article? Or if you don't have a link, the name of the publication and the month/issue?

FYI, here are the ratios for the 6L80E:

First: 4.02
Second: 2.36
Third: 1.53
Fourth: 1.15
Fifth: 0.85
Sixth: 0.67

And [B]here is a chart[/B] with speed, rpm, etc. with the 6L80E in a TBSS (with the most likely rear end gears, 3.42's).
When you look at the ratios of the 6L80E and a higher ratio differential, the benefits of the 6-speed are obvious. It's to bad Chevy didn't use the 6-speed with a taller rearend ratio instead of the 4-speed and the 4.10. Acceleration would be as good for even better (closure to the torque curve) and the mpg would also improve 1-3 mpg +-. The differential cost is a wash. What is the difference in cost between the 6-speed vs the 4-speed. Maybe $1,200. It should have been a no brainer.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 AM

Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx8
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I haven't really noticed any problem re: the trans kickdown I agree though it is most likely situational. I am thinking I might go for a 3.73 ratio in my TBSS 2wd with Vector tune , my carbon fiber CAI w/K&N, maybe a slightly higher stall convertor and probably 285/50R20 rear tires. Save a few RPM on the Highway, but when they adapt a 6L80E to our SS's on on that train for sure. No seat issues yet either.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
So you'd be going down 10% in gearing (3.73 vs. 4.10) and 3% in tire size (285/50-20's are 31" vs. stock 30" tires) for an overall decrease in RPM of 13%. Did you run it through that calculator above and see what your RPM would be at speed?

Using that rough 13% number, I'm getting a reduction at 80 mph from 2700 RPM to 2350 RPM (2700 X .87). Maybe that will be a little better than stock, but 2350 is still way out of the optimum efficiency range of the LS2.....1800-1900 is where you really want to be.

I don't know that your mileage would be that much better....unless you drive 65 mph after those changes, then you'd be at 1900 RPM, which would be ideal.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:27 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I have this delay too, seem to happen at all highway speeds. if you go WOT you have to wait a second or two before you accerelate. I can actually nail the gas, get off and have the truck not accelerate AT ALL. Makes merging a nuissance.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in