Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Redline Hood Struts - A must do mod

8K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  The Dark SSide 
#1 ·
I just recently installed what I consider to be a must do mod. I ordered Redline elite struts and installed them. I think they really clean up the engine bay and can be used on any of our trucks, not just the SS. My only recommendation is to use a very sharp drill bit and a patient hand when drilling so as not to drill through your hood. The instructions were easy to follow and I think it came out good.

I also threw on the mandatory Trailvoy sticker while I was under there.

I siliconed the base to prevent water seepage

See less See more
#10 ·
Mine are Elite, and I know T-Mac has std. Then we switched brackets so he had black shocks and black brackets and I would have stainless shocks and polished brackets. This was before they did a "Plus" lift with matching shock/bracket.

#16 ·
for those who are going to install these; please dont try to be a hero like me and drill the holes without drillstops. They are super, super cheap to buy and will save your ass from hitting the backside of the hood..........

hood shocks $100
new drill bit $4
drill stops $6
paintless dent removal to fix your f-up $120

doing it the right way with drill stops and miller light afterwords.......priceless

#17 ·
I also threw on the mandatory Trailvoy sticker while I was under there.

Is it just me or does it look like the transfer tape is still over the letters of trailvoy? You know you can take that off and just have the letters right?:m2::raspberry But I must say I am loving the other mod... one I will have to do myself :D

#18 ·
Is it just me or does it look like the transfer tape is still over the letters of trailvoy? You know you can take that off and just have the letters right?:m2::raspberry But I must say I am loving the other mod... one I will have to do myself :D
On that particular sticker it is printed right onto the clear mylar. When I ordered it I must have gotten a trial type sticker by mistake. I did use the std. stickers on the windows and yes I did remove the transfer tape... :raspberry:dielaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.