Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

my 2004 trailblazer will not start.

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  GT100 
#1 ·
i did some brake work on my trailblazer and then it wouldnt start at all. i replaced the brake booster, master cyclinder, and ABS module and pump and when i went to turn my truck on it powered everything on but would not crank. i have replaced the relay, the ignition switch, and ignition cyclinder and still nothing. i am able to arc the strarter or jump the relay and it will fire for a couple seconds then it dies and wont fire again until i turn the key off and back on then it will fire again for a sec. all my fuses are good and my security light isnt on the only lights on are check engine light and abs light and those are always on. it throws like 40 codes off when i hook up my scanner also. please help

#2 ·
Your problem sounds similar to mine. I don't think the work you did to the brakes has any bearing on your problem.

I also have power on the dash but no crank when I turn the key. Oddly my key fob won't unlock the car, but I have power. Very frustrating problem. Hopefully some one here can help us.

#4 ·
Well I can't help much. I went to go trouble shoot the car yesterday and it fired right up. I bought a new ignition switch, cylinder, and relay too. Never ended up putting them in.

On another note. My car did have an after market remote start installed at some point but was giving the previous owner some issues so he had the shop take it out.

I'm thinking I have some loose or bad connection under my dash and will have to investigate further.

I'll continue to post back with what I find as I go. Maybe I can help resolve this, cause mine is definitely not fixed. Just temporarily working for now lolol.

If you do end up finding any thing let me know.

#7 ·
my prior 2003 TB had 262k before I let my son use it and rod came through the block. He admitted to me that he might have possibly driver in the wrong gear on the highway days after I took it to the shop and mechanic said the tranny oil looked burned and motor oil was new. I knew something happened since it had just gone on a 600 mile trip just days before and ran perfect. Also had an oil change before the trip.
Currently have a 2004 envoy but not as used. Only has 130k miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.