P0526 PLEASE help - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:08 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
P0526 PLEASE help

Keep getting the code back, its for a fan clutch circuit. Things I've replaced/ done got acdelco clutch with sensor, replaced fan clutch connector with a new one, replaced relay with acdelco, replaced alternator, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, and I've sanded down amd cleaned all vehicle grounds, I've also looked at the wires and nothing is damaged, I'm legitimately lost on this one, my truck runs incredibly beautiful but the code is driving me crazy. I have the 4.2l envoy with 170k miles on it. Is there something else I can do to fix this damn problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2019, 10:29 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Hey Cuvkiller,
You mentioned sanding down all the vehicle grounds. How many are there and where are they located? Did it take you long? Pics would be great! I think this is at the root of my fuel gauge not working along with a couple of other weird things.
Thanks,
Frank
Old 06-03-2019, 10:53 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Oh boy. Put down the parts cannon.

First off, there's a TSB out for cooling fan harness chaffing resulting in P0526, among others. I'll attach a photo. Inspect for this condition, which will likely require removal of the cooling fan and shroud assembly and visual inspection on a bench.

Let's check for powers and grounds.

Pin A (Black) - should have body ground to G103.
Pin B (White) - should have 12v in KOEO.
Pin C (Gray, White trace) - should have PCM ground (DO NOT send 12v down this wire with a test lamp!)
Pin D (Dark Blue) - signal return circuit
Pin E (Gray) - 5v Ref circuit

If the signals above are good, I'd recommend disconnecting at the PCM and the cooling fan and testing voltage drop across Pins C, D, & E. Then checking for shorts between the relay and Pin B.

Also there are two connectors between the PCM and the cooling fan.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in