P0410 Code - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-08 SS General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Light Tarnished Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
I am going to have to try this... I have the same code, and GM tells me it is the secondary air pump. They tested it, said it was working and probably froze up. Gave me a quote of $450 plus taxes to fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Air Pump

If you take the hose off the air solenoid valve and the other hose from the pump off the intake to the air breather (about 1 to 1/14" hose) you will have the suction and discharge from the secondary air pump disconnected. The pump only runs from a cold start so start the truck and see if you have suction from one hose and discharge from the other. If you do, your air pump is OK. If you hear loud engine noise out of the solenoid, your solenoid is OK. If the pump doesn't run, it could be the pump or sensors/electrical powering the pump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunk351 View Post
Just know that diagnosing this is time consuming since the "system" is only active for a few seconds on cold start.

for now:
1.) wait for your car to be "cold" or 4 hours. Disconnect the hose from check valve (located passenger side--the transmission dip stick is attached to the bolts that hold it to the block). Start the truck, you should hear a nasty sound for about 30 seconds to a minute. If you don't its your check valve.
1a.) If it is your check valve, you can try to clean it. Get some throttle body cleaner, remove the check valve spray thouroughly (I did it a couple of times to get all the carbon and rust out) and let dry reinstall and follow above instructions. If no go replace check valve

2.) wait for your car to be "cold" or 4 hours. remove the fattest hose from the underside of air intake hose (I think thats where it is, I have a CAI so Its hard to know where it is exactly OEM) and from the check valve. Have someone else start the truck. Feel the hoses, you should feel sucking and blowing (I can't remember which is supposed to blow / suck) If you don't feel anything then its the pump (maybe -- read further)
2a.) check fuses there are about 3 in the manual listed for air pump (if bad fuse replace and retest, make sure to check the fuses after to make sure that the pump isnt blowing fuses)
2b.) Locate the air pump its driver side mid car just behind the cross member for the frame. There are two wiring harnesess one that goes into the relay (grey box) and one that has two fat wires (thats the power plug for the pump.) disconnect that one, wait for cold start and start truck while having a multimeter attached set on DC mode. If you get a reading of 0 then replace the relay. if you get power 12-15 volts replace the motor.
3.) If both the check valve and the pump are testing out ok it could be a clogged hose.

Hopefully that was helpful I will try to get some pictures of the parts and post this in a clean thread

So I removed the hose from the check valve (step 1) and water ran out. I take it that means the valve is bad?

Old 01-25-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdewit79 View Post
I am going to have to try this... I have the same code, and GM tells me it is the secondary air pump. They tested it, said it was working and probably froze up. Gave me a quote of $450 plus taxes to fix.
the pump itself is $90 at the dealer!! there is only 2 bolts thats all!!! i hope you dont pay that money for that??? bring it to me and i'll change it for $200 LOL
Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirino18 View Post
the pump itself is $90 at the dealer!! there is only 2 bolts thats all!!! i hope you dont pay that money for that??? bring it to me and i'll change it for $200 LOL
Advance Auto had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for a check valve for the secondary air system. Does anyone have a part number?
Mine is a 2005 4.2L
Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 PM

air system valve

Technically its a solenoid valve. You can probably get it at the dealership for about $125.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
parts4chevys.com has it listed as a check valve. $128 list. $80 for you.

Oddly enough, Advance Auto doesn't have it on their web site either. Nor Autozone or Autowarehouse. Hmmmm, beginning to think it's a dealer-only item. Sigh....

There's one on Ebay for $90, but the vendor is a lying S.O.S.

Part number on this is #12583486, The AC-Delco # for this is #214-1683. (The AC-Delco number is for reference only our)

The dealship price on these Air Check Valves are $280.00, These are at an awesome price especially for OEM not Aftermarkets or copies.

OEHQ.com says that AC-Delco part number has been replaced by 214-2151, GM part number 12619110, but I'm not sure I believe that without more evidence because parts4chevys.com has that listed for 50% higher price, and I can't find out where it's used.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:40 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
OEHQ.com says that AC-Delco part number has been replaced by 214-2151, GM part number 12619110, but I'm not sure I believe that without more evidence because parts4chevys.com has that listed for 50% higher price, and I can't find out where it's used.
I replaced my check valve a couple of months ago with an AC Delco and the part number was 214-1092.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:14 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silver Mist Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I just had this problem on my truck and didn't have to replace a single part. The power wire to the relay mounted next to the air pump had apparently rubbed against something because it was broken in two and slightly corroded from the salting of the roads here in PA. before you buy any dealer parts, spend some time testing everything. pull the parts off and check them for function. also....if you do need parts, call several dealers. i had priced both the valve and pump and dealer prices WILL vary. i could have saved quite a bit of money if i needed them by driving about 10 more minutes to a dealer than the one around the corner.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:30 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
yeah its amazing what the salt can do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in