CTS-V rotors drilled to 6x5 bolt pattern? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Brakes

Brakes Brake repairs/upgrades

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS w/ SS wheels
Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
CTS-V rotors drilled to 6x5 bolt pattern?

Hey guys...

I'm looking for big brake ideas for my TB and other than the super expensive SSBC kits I was thinking that if you got a set of CTS-V rotors and re-drilled the bolt pattern to our 6x5 (6x127) pattern that they could possibly work. Does anybody know if this has been tried or not? The rotors are 14" and only cost ~$70 each, so it'd be a very economical solution. Then you would need to make a bracket to space out whatever caliper you chose to run, whether it be the stock ones or possibly CTS-V calipers or a Corvette caliper of some sort (I'm leaning towards C6 Z06 myself).

One thing I'd be concerned about is the parking brake drum in the rear and the hat depth as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Why?????????????

Switch the front to the larger setup used in the long wheel base trucks and look for performance rotors that fit.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:14 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mods: to much to list

Old 01-17-2011, 02:29 PM

Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
Why?????????????

Switch the front to the larger setup used in the long wheel base trucks and look for performance rotors that fit.
Because the 'bigger' brakes form the EXTs and SSs are only .8" diameter bigger (12.0" on the short, I6 TBs and 12.8" on the EXTs and SSs). The CTS-V rotors are 14.0"

I like to be able to see big brakes behind the wheels, and I love the stopping performance gained by adding large brakes. The stock ones just aren't cutting it for me any more and for the price of upgrading to the 12.8" brakes I could almost put on CTS-V rotors
Old 01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
Google trailblazer z06 brakes... Do some reading. The baer kit is a more reasonable route. The only read difference is less fade for a few thousand dollar investment, no thanks...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM

2004 Non-GMT360 Other
silver birch 5.3L V8 2WD
Its not a Trailvoy but I installed a set of slotted rotors( 1" larger) , z rated pads on my Avalanche and it made a HUGE improvement! On a light trailvoy I bet .8" would make a very big difference.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM

Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
These are all good points, but I've read numerous posts from SS owners complaining of more than just brake fade from their stock SS brakes (which are the larger ones). Plus I'm kind of a big brake fanatic and enjoy putting large, performance brakes from one vehicle on another. Not only does it improve the appearance but the added stopping power is an added bonus
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
I admire the thought, but even when ADM Performance did their BBK using either CTS-V or Vette Z06 rotors it was a few thousand $$. If you want a BBK, expect to drop at least 2k, probably closer to 3k. There are some good kits being made on the tbss owners site.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by layinbody31 View Post
These are all good points, but I've read numerous posts from SS owners complaining of more than just brake fade from their stock SS brakes (which are the larger ones). Plus I'm kind of a big brake fanatic and enjoy putting large, performance brakes from one vehicle on another. Not only does it improve the appearance but the added stopping power is an added bonus
like i said, do some reading. people on other sites have put their baer kits for sale as they claim it did not improve stopping distance, only noticeable difference was brake fade.

here is a direct quote from another site

Quote:
Any shorter stopping distance/greater stopping power is negligible and should NOT be bought if shorter stopping distances is what one is looking for - simply too much money for negligible performance - from my point of view.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 PM

Silver 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
I admire the thought, but even when ADM Performance did their BBK using either CTS-V or Vette Z06 rotors it was a few thousand $$. If you want a BBK, expect to drop at least 2k, probably closer to 3k. There are some good kits being made on the tbss owners site.
To do just the rotors with stock calipers would cost me ~$300 (rotors are ~$70 each and I could build my own brackets. Machine work to re-drill the rotors would add some cost in there but I can't see that costing too much)

Now on top of that, you can get a full set of C6 Z06 calipers for ~$1350 (not including pads), so for around $1800-2k I could do a full set of these
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in