Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

My current best 0-60 & 1/4mile times

19K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  dbs1 
#1 ·
Using the Superchips Flashpaq's datalogging feature I went out on the highway the other night and ran a few runs. My best 0-60 time was a 5.54, and my 1/4 mile was a 14.05 @ 100mph. It pulls hard and I am pretty happy with these times. I had almost a full tank of gas and various items for work in the back so I think I may see 13s when I get to the track this spring. I have an 07 AWD with a K&N intake, Superchips tuning, and muffler delete. So for those of you wanting to know if these "simple" mods work, I think this answers that question. My best stock 1/4 mile time was a 14.76. So even if the Flashpaq is off slightly, my mods have shaved about 3/4s of a second off my 1/4 mile time. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
You're not gonna see 12s on just a tune and intake. Sorry dude. And the DH is off on the 60' for some reason. The other stuff is pretty accurate though. A 13.3 is about the best you'll see out of it w/ your mods. And that will require some good air.

#8 ·
0-60 re. do.

ive had my tbss since jan.ive done a tune, exhaust,cold air,royal purple,water wetter,plugs,wires and the best times so far for me on my dashhawk is 5.29. i thought that was pretty fair. if your getting 4.77-wow!! thats great.:thumbsup: just an update...i droped the tire pres. to 25 lbs.,a little under half a tank of gas went 5.1. i fell a little better about that.

#12 ·
I wish i could get a 1/4 mile run but all the tracks around here are closed for the season and id have to drive pretty far out to get a good roaad to do a run on with the dashhawk... so i guess itll wait til a night when i have nothing better to do and/or better weather :duh:

#16 ·
Get a real tune in that and it will go even better that flashpaq does very little from stock. I woul dnto be surprised if you where close to that stock. The only mod you ahve that is really getting you an advantage is teh CAI the flashpaq will not get the afr right after the CAI just about for sure.

#18 ·
First time drag racin'

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS and took it to the drag strip for the every first time this April. I only have a superchip programmer right now but managed to run a 14.06 @ 98.7 mph. I really want to get into the mid 13's with a CAI and performance exhaust. I am pretty set on a Corsa exhaust set up but not sure on a CAI - any suggestions?

Thanks!;)

#19 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS and took it to the drag strip for the every first time this April. I only have a superchip programmer right now but managed to run a 14.06 @ 98.7 mph. I really want to get into the mid 13's with a CAI and performance exhaust. I am pretty set on a Corsa exhaust set up but not sure on a CAI - any suggestions?

Thanks!;)
congrats on your first run... ditch the superchip and get a real tune to your ECM/TCM, the exhaust really does nothing for us SS people.. not unless you have headers etc... so primarily its just for sound... but i run a PCM4Less tune, PCM4Less trans cooler, IEATSRT8 CAI, 160 T-Stat (on order so i can get a more aggressive tune), and a Corsa Sport catback exhaust.. my best time so far was a 13.84 @ 99.5 mph w/a 2.134 60' spinin off the launch (im RWD).. stock i was running 14.7's w/a 2.4 60' @ 97 mph...

but the IEATSRT8 CAI is very popular along with the Jetttstream Stage 3 CAI... PCMforLess.com has 4 different intake styles... they are a very reputable vendor for this site and others and have great customer service skills... Alvin deals with the SS' and Kelly works with the I6's .. but both can help you out... hope this helps... if you need any more info just shoot me a message....

#20 · (Edited)
I am yet to get my SS on the track but completely agree with Borucia, Loose the super chips and get a custom ECM/TCM tune. I went with the Vector motorsports tune,IEATSRT8 CAI, SLP 160 T-stat, and corsa sport exhaust. I have no idea what it runs in the quarter but I do know it walks Rustang GT's and any RT on the road easily. It's alot of fun to watch the facial expressions that come from being walked by a SUV. Get a custom tune you will not be disappointed. Also take a look into vector motorsports CAI they make a nice intake and have made a few improvements to some of the existing CAI out on the market.

#21 ·
Custom tunes

I have no doubt a custom tune from vector pcm4less oe westers is better than super chips since they address the TM and fans etc. but to be fair it's all about the $$$. My 07 SS AWD ran 14.0@ 100 bone stock and that was the the best it has done even after I put spintech muffler and res. delete .I just tried the superchip tune and the difference in drive is night and day.Havent been to the track yet but I bet it's atleast 2-3 tenths quicker.

#22 ·
I have no doubt a custom tune from vector pcm4less oe westers is better than super chips since they address the TM and fans etc. but to be fair it's all about the $$$. My 07 SS AWD ran 14.0@ 100 bone stock and that was the the best it has done even after I put spintech muffler and res. delete .I just tried the superchip tune and the difference in drive is night and day.Havent been to the track yet but I bet it's atleast 2-3 tenths quicker.
That's pretty good for stock times on an AWD... but do your research either on here or other sites.. you are wasting your money on the superchips.. don't under estimate how advanced our computers are in these trucks.. eventually, your computers will learn the new perameters of the superchips and compensate the difference, returning your SS back to stock... this is why a ECM/TCM tune is necessary for changes because they upload a new calibration (fuel/spark/torque management, etc), deleting your factory calibrations..therefore wht the computer knows is only what's been uploaded to it..keep usposted on your new times :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.