2005 trailblazer Ext I4 tcc - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat The TrailBlazer and Envoy Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:26 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
2005 trailblazer Ext I4 tcc

Hi every one just wanted to take a second to say hello
Iím new to the group and glad I found this site.
I do have a question on completely doing away with the tcc lockup Iím having a lot of slip on the lockup in 4th pretty sure itís the bore in the valve body but i donít have the money right now to get into a shop and get the work done to get it fixed right is there a way to disable/delete the tcc lockup without dropping the pan and buying additional parts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2019, 12:37 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Put the shifter in "3" instead of "D", that will prevent it from going into 4th.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:37 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
I tried that it did keep it from happening but I have a 30 mile one way interstate drive to work and 30 miles of interstate back home and rpms are sky high going 70-75 mph interstate speeds in 3rd gear, I had the transmission rebuilt in February and did great for like a month now I got the lock up issue and the guy that rebuilt it don’t want to go through with the warranty he keeps saying “oh it’s the injectors or something not the transmission” when the injectors are brand new because I was gullible enough to believe him the 1st time he blamed it on that and I went and bought new injectors. I knew it was a tc lockup problem when it locks and unlocks back and forth right after another I ever so slightly tap the brake pedal when it’s doing it the tc will unlock and and drive perfect for a a few seconds till it wants to lock back up and then it’s a repetitive process for 30 miles of jumping and rpms up and down up and down.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:18 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
This morning on the interstate was acting same as usual but decided to pull over and put the obd2 code reader in just to see if any codes were pending (because check engine light still has not came on for this since around March when this issue started happening) Sure enough it said pending code P0894 transmission component slipping
Old 05-23-2019, 06:30 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Sounds like your attorney needs to send him a letter reminding Mr. Mechanic he does have certain legal obligations here.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:04 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
I took the trailblazer back to him yesterday and dropped it off I really hope this time it gets fixed right I canít afford to do this all over again somewhere else if only I would have known what I would be going through with this guy I would have went somewhere else I guess this is how we find out the good ones and the bad ones
Old 05-25-2019, 06:14 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I believe you will find that all Trailblazers have the 4L60E transmission. This is a 4 speed transmission not a 3 speed with lock up converter.

So, going back to the rebuilder for warranty repair is the correct thing to do. Hopefully he makes it right for you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_4L60-E_transmission
Old 05-26-2019, 09:28 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
He said it will be Tuesday before he can look at it because they are off for Memorial Day so letís hope he really does get the issue fixed this time Iíll update as soo. As I hear some thing back Tuesday
Old 05-31-2019, 04:22 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
I picked up the trailblazer today from the shop he said the torque converter was destroyed and it now has fresh fluids filter and a new torque converter clutch packs where still good, so I leave the shop and it took off and shifted through the gears smooth as silk and then the problem came back just as it was before I brought it to him the lock up slipping again lock unlock lock unlock back and forth still I was told by a guy at work today that’s it the bore in the valve body for the tcc lockup switch can I just snip the wire from the pcm and not have lock up at all other than that’s its a perfect transmission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in