My handsome Trailblazer is sick - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat The TrailBlazer and Envoy Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:52 PM

My handsome Trailblazer is sick

What happened was yesterday I was driving and things went crazy, my gauges stopped working, the lights were not on the radio was not on then my car slowed down, I pulled into a parking lot where the car died. Someone did come jump my car but even then it was running really rough and eventually died within a matter of 10 minutes.

Currently my car will not turn over unless it's jumped, I bought a new battery to see if it had to do with that it clearly doesn't, I don't think it's the alternator either because once it's jumped it does keep running. It's currently at my mechanics and has been there all day. I was told it will be there tomorrow.

I will note that for some reason the engine was really low on oil like when you take the dipstick out it was dry. Luckily I didn't seize my engine.

I'm just really worried what could be wrong, anyone have any ideas?

We do have a remote starter.

Oh and also just as my car died I had rolled down my window to talk to the guy who jumped me so that's stuck down. I cannot roll up the windows lock the cars with a switch.

Is my cars life over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2019, 02:20 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I don't think your car's life is over. It's definitely an electrical issue of some type. It could be something as simple as a battery cable or ground. Don't give up hope!
Old 10-06-2019, 02:46 PM

2006 GMC TrailBlazer LS
Cranberry Red Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Sounds crazy but try an ignition switch. Before i replaced my starter on my envoy last year i was having some weird electrical issues. Similar except mine wouldn’t die. Replaced ignition switch and all was well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2019, 12:31 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Gray Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Similar problems

Wow, I had the almost the same kind of problems about a year and a half ago. I had to keep jumping mine, the dash gauges quit, the battery died and it finally refused to even jump start.

I took it to a shop that happened to be right next to the Auto Zone I was stuck and was told it was the starter.
I do all of my own work, I just needed some diagnostic help because of all the electrical problems I was having.

I have the 5.3 and changing the starter is a bitch, and I just didn't believe the starter could cause all of the problems I was having. So I started digging thru the internet and found that the ignition switch could cause crazy stuff to happen. So I figured, I'd try it and see. sure enough that fixed all of my problems.

I couldn't believe that little thing could cause so many different systems to malfunction.

I love my Trailblazer, but the electronic systems, not so much. lol
Old 10-07-2019, 06:31 PM

2006 GMC TrailBlazer LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendad50 View Post
Wow, I had the almost the same kind of problems about a year and a half ago. I had to keep jumping mine, the dash gauges quit, the battery died and it finally refused to even jump start.

I took it to a shop that happened to be right next to the Auto Zone I was stuck and was told it was the starter.

I do all of my own work, I just needed some diagnostic help because of all the electrical problems I was having.

I have the 5.3 and changing the starter is a bitch, and I just didn't believe the starter could cause all of the problems I was having. So I started digging thru the internet and found that the ignition switch could cause crazy stuff to happen. So I figured, I'd try it and see. sure enough that fixed all of my problems.

I couldn't believe that little thing could cause so many different systems to malfunction.

I love my Trailblazer, but the electronic systems, not so much. lol

Yes i replaced starter on my 5.3 envoy as well and yeh 2.5 hr of my life gone but saved a ton doing it myself. Was a pain but knowing now how to do it i could prob do it in lil over an hour. But yes similar issues and ignition switch fixed it as well. I hate electronics sometimes

Old 10-07-2019, 06:59 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Gray Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Ignition switch problems

Sorry you had to change your starter. I didn't change mine, and my old one is still working great. I'm 62 years old and don't have the extra time to waste, plus, I just did not trust the shop that told me it was the starter.
Hell I won't trust any shop. My AC went out just before memorial day weekend last year, I pulled into Sun Devil Auto , they told me I needed a compressor. they gave me an estimate of almost $1000. It turned out to be the belt tension-er pulley broke. Which was under a previous warranty and I had changed. cost me nothing to fix.

I've found that it's cheaper to rent a car for a week and do my own repairs a little at a time than let some shop work on my vehicles.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:22 PM

2006 GMC TrailBlazer LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendad50 View Post
Sorry you had to change your starter. I didn't change mine, and my old one is still working great. I'm 62 years old and don't have the extra time to waste, plus, I just did not trust the shop that told me it was the starter.

Hell I won't trust any shop. My AC went out just before memorial day weekend last year, I pulled into Sun Devil Auto , they told me I needed a compressor. they gave me an estimate of almost $1000. It turned out to be the belt tension-er pulley broke. Which was under a previous warranty and I had changed. cost me nothing to fix.

I've found that it's cheaper to rent a car for a week and do my own repairs a little at a time than let some shop work on my vehicles.

I agree. To many crooks thats y i do all my own stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in