Need a DRL Killer - Page 5 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:00 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
DRL killer unlock and lock

Will a drl killer stop my lights from coming on when i hit the unlock or lock button on my car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
if you haven't found that relay i offer HID kits starting at $79 and the relay for $25 shipped give me a call if your interested 206 465 3948 Jorge you can also check out my work at facebook.com/xenonkitsonline or www.xenonkitsonline.com

Features
- True Plug-N-Play Conversion Kit
- Safe for headlight and fog light, won't melt the housing, runs cooler than stock halogen bulbs
- Brighter driving vision at night
- 3 times brighter than halogen bulbs
- Fits into existing headlights or fog lights, no modification or retrofitting required
- Nice color output with a hint of blue (8000K Kit and higher)
- 35W power consumption compare to 55W halogen bulbs
- Bulb Lifespan of 3 to 5 years
- Ballast has shut off mode, to prevent a fire or damages if a glitch occurred.
- Ballast and Bulbs is Waterproof and Shockproof
- Waterproof connectors
- Stock color output (4300k-6000k)

relay harness is recommended for those with (DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS "DRL"/ AUTOLAMP)

Some vehicles might be able to power up HID conversions normally without problems at install time. It will probably not last long. The inrush load can be up to max 13 amps per ballast, compared to 7amps inrush when using halogen. The factory design parameters for headlight circuits are 7 amps inrush and 4.5 amps continuous load. So over time, connectors, multifunction switch, headlight switch, wiring and fuse holders will slowly degrade, because of heat buildup. These components are very time consuming to troubleshoot because they are usually well hidden behind dashboards and other wiring looms. Parts can cost several hundred dollars and add up to 8 hours of labor to that and it becomes obvious that relay wiring harness is a cheap insurance.

Questions:
When I start my car with the HID kit turned on, why do one or both of the lights turn off.

The lack of power and pulsing voltage when your starter is cranking may activate the safety circuit in the ballast and turn one or both off to protect itself.

Solution:
You may either start your car with your headlights turned off, or install the "autolamp / daytime running lights" relay harness.

How do I know if I need a "autolamp / daytime running lights" relay harness?

- If your car has headlights that turn on automatically when it gets dark then yes you may require a harness.
- If your DRL circuit shares with your low beam it may only output 50% - 80% power when your DRL is active and will cause your lights to flicker. That lack of power is not enough power to activate the HID ballast thus requiring a autolamp/DRL relay harness. In some vehicles you can remove the DRL relay or fuse to disable your DRL. This will stop your lights from flickering when you start your car. If you are able to disable your DRL then you will not need a autolamp/DRL harness as well.
- If you have a BMW that has a headlamp sensing system you will require a BMW harness.

If your vehicle is running at 100% operating condition you may not need a relay, however, if your electrical system does not output 12 volts consistantly you will need a relay.
Relay's recommend for most older model cars, trucks, late model cars ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 02:24 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06whitestallion View Post
Will a drl killer stop my lights from coming on when i hit the unlock or lock button on my car?
no it will not DRL HArness will just allow HID's to power up at 12v.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Magnetic Red Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazernut View Post
I emailed you his email address

WELCOME!

B.
can you send me his email also
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Forest Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
drl killer

I am a new member i would like to get in touch with tblaze about buy a drl killer kit?
-Todd
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sand Beige Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
^^. Hahaha.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:28 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblazed View Post
Just sent you a PM
I need this very bad
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Just bought the VVME 55W HID KIT with harness and i get a flicker with the DLR and when you hit the key fob on my wife's 07 Envoy Danali. I thought it was the harness so i tried to install it without the harness and they didn't work at all. I don't get it. This is my 4th kit from VVME (installed various cars all with harness) My wife is yelling at me to take out the HID's and put her regular lights back in. If i read correctly this all i need to do is install the capacitor and everything will work as it should? Just want to make sure since some of the original post are from years ago. Thanks guys!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:05 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Gray Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Years ago, this was a much different place with members and staff and a real community.

They are all elsewhere now. Easy to find with a bit of Googling: 1st non-ad hit for the phrase "tblazed drl photo sensor"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in