Detailing Secrets - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Talk about total vehicle care here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:33 AM

You don't even want to know how I used to do at dealerships...spray painting carpeting (yes, it works, but you have to know how to do it), spray painting wheel wells and any under carriage showing if they wouldn't get clean, on anything black in the engine compartment, polishing only the upper half of the car because most people fail to look anywhere else...Hey, when a sales manager is pushing you to fully detail 3 or more cars in an 8 hour period, it's hard not to short cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2006, 12:35 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
You don't even want to know how I used to do at dealerships...spray painting carpeting (yes, it works, but you have to know how to do it), spray painting wheel wells and any under carriage showing if they wouldn't get clean, on anything black in the engine compartment, polishing only the upper half of the car because most people fail to look anywhere else...Hey, when a sales manager is pushing you to fully detail 3 or more cars in an 8 hour period, it's hard not to short cut.
Wow, you guys really do that?! It's a good thing wash/detail the truck myself

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
Old 07-22-2006, 12:37 AM

Oops, I meant to say "tire shine on anything black in the engine compartment". It's a pretty quick fix to make an engine look nice, but it will collect dirt REALLY fast.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:42 AM
TrailVoy Guru

Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I used WD-40 on the rims to make them "shine"...3 days later, they were black!!

Old 07-22-2006, 10:19 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sandstone Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
I use armor-all wax and dry as a detailing spray.I mix a 1/4 cup with water in a spray bottle. You must shake it often,but seem to work well.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:29 PM
TrailVoy Guru

Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Is the instand detailer that comes with the Mothers claybar like any other detailer? When I tried wiping it off, it left LOTS of streaks

Old 07-22-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

HAHAHA, I know what you mean...When I worked at a dealership, they made me do the shadiest things imaginable. As long as it looked good for a bit, they were happy......My name started getting involved with that crap, so I quit and started my own detailing business.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:33 PM

Talking Wash

I start at the top and work my way to the bottom. That way any debris collected on the lower portions of your car will not stick to your mit and scratch the paint.

Do not use Armor All or any "shiny" protectant. It will collect more dust than usual and plus I think it is gaudy. I just use an instant detailer on the interior. That way if you miss a spot, it is not so noticeable and it doesn't collect dust and particles.

For the tires I use Black Magic moistened wipes. Works swell, especially if you let it sit overnight before driving. No crap thrown onto the side of your vehicle.

Windex on the windows. Steel wool and windex on the exterior windows(do not use steel wool on tint!!) Many of you are probably saying well no sh$# sherlock but I seen somebody do this.

Meguiars leather conditioner and cleaner on the leather at least once a month.

Soapy water on the rims and some elbow grease. A lot of wheel cleaners will leave spots on your wheels. Especially if they are warm.

To dry my car, I use a squeegee. Again start at the top and work my way down. After the squeegee I will take and air gun and blow her dry, spot free..

Wet rag on engine compartment, then blow dry with air gun. You have to be careful spraying water onto your block when the block is still warm, especially aluminum, it could crack. Many people never have a problem with this but I have heard of this happening.

I do this every Sunday, and during the week I will run it once through an automatic car wash. Just the cheapest one. We have a $4 dollar wash here in town. But make sure it does not spray on their wax. Car wash wax sucks balls. It will leave a white haze, especially on black. Black is such a pain in my arse to keep clean.

I think I covered everything. Any comments or questions, let me know. Good day. I said GOOD DAY!!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:16 PM

best thing for water spots. Spray bottle filled 50% water 50% vinagar.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
TrailVoy Guru

Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Clean the wheel wells with some soapy water and a tough brush. It makes the truck look cleaner and wipe all the door jams whenever you wash the truck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in