2003 Envoy Codes - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:50 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Carbon Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
2003 Envoy Codes

Been running a little rough at idle with a slight pop out the exhaust, also has stalled a few times and somewhat sluggish.
Started up this morning and Engine Light was on. Stopped by local auto parts store and read codes for me.
On the way home the light did go out but still same symptoms.
Any help on a solution would be appreciated.

Cyl 3 misfire

Camshaft position sensor timing over advanced

Bank 1 system Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2018, 05:24 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Update for anyone in the future.

OK at service today talked to a few more knowing then me. It was suggested I change the oil control solenoid and I figured the camshaft position sensor and they weren't very expensive. I do think it was the oil control solenoid. since as soon as I took of the wires off the little well was full of oil and the sol was loose from the mounting part of the bracket, just spun freely.
Idles perfectly now and has pick-up again and no pop at all out the exhaust.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:30 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I belive the part you are referring to is the variable timing solenoid. The early models had a known defect, where the screens would dislodge.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:47 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrich View Post
I belive the part you are referring to is the variable timing solenoid. The early models had a known defect, where the screens would dislodge.
Yes thank you.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:44 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
OK I'm back.
I changes the Variable Valve Timing Actuator Solenoid and the camshaft position sensor as I stated earlier. It ran perfectly for about a week then started to idle rougher again and sluggish as time went on.
I'm back to where I started just no check engine light yet.
Any suggestions?

Only thing to ad is the pins/plug on the oil sol was sitting in oil from the old one leaking. I sprayed with some contact cleaner and blew it out with air and re plugged in but didn'y make a difference.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:16 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
OK went to the local shop for a code reading and there were 10.
PO 300
U1001
U1000
U1301
CO300
CO305
CO306
CO321
CO327
CO359
CO374
CO379
CO550
I doubt there are this many problems, but!
The only thing I could think is when I disconnected the Neg terminal on the Battery it was loose, when I reconnected it is stripped. Any more then just hand tightening and it just spins. Do they make a fix or is it a New Battery time? The check engine light is not on just running rough.

Update.
I was able to clean the battery terminals good and found a replacement type bolt for the neg side. All tightened up. Left the battery disconnected for an hour or so so we'll see if there is any change today!
Old 11-30-2018, 06:34 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
OK I cleaned the terminal as mentioned, drove it to work yesterday about 12 miles. It did run smoother and there were a few side effects I noticed.

The idle was 900-1000 rpm in the morning on the way to work and half way home it went back to 600 or so and idled pretty good.

The volt gauge used to bounce around between 14 and 15.5 yesterday morning it stood at 15 and never moved with ht on blowing or not, by my trip home yesterday it was steady at about 14.5 with no fluctuation.

Today we will see if it still idles good and if there is any new codes!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:08 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Drove it some yesterday and we're idling smooth again and looks to lost the sluggishness, BUT!
Now it keeps trying to stall, the weather here has been nasty and wet but if it idles more then 3 minutes or so it goes to stall then picks up. It's always something different and getting old. I have not read the codes this week yet to see what has changed.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:48 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
I figured tightened and cleaning the cables had something to do with it.
Still idles rough, yesterday it was going up and down between 650-900 rpm.
Pick up has been good no longer sluggish, No codes since the terminals were cleaned and repaired.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:32 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Just to update. My Envoy since last post just continued to run worse as time went on since last post. So today I replaced the plugs, the rear two were loose enough I didn't need the ratchet just the extension. How do ya know the boot is all the way over the plug? I just dropped the coil straight down, there was little to no resistance when I pushed down and tightened the bolt.
Also cleaned the throttle body which I assume by other pictures was pretty dirty. Just took it to the PO so far and it runs smoother but still has a smooth rock, no miss. P/O is much better also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in