2008 GMC Envoy Denali climate control repair? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM

2008 GMC Envoy Denali climate control repair?

So...they don't make these climate control modules any more and I need one repaired. Anybody know someone who rebuilds/remanufactures these? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 06:33 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
What about masrepair.com. They’re down in GA. Never used them personally, but they report to rebuild HVAC modules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2019, 07:13 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
What is the problem that makes you think it needs repair?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:13 AM

masrepair only repairs the backlighting.

I think I need a new climate control module because out of the 2 modules that I have, 1 constantly engages the compressor even if I turn it off by pressing the button on the module. Everything else works like it should on that one. The other climate control module that I have will ONLY blow towards the windshield. Other than that, everything else works on that one. They both have their faults.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:54 AM

2005 GMC TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
You can purchase genetic one made by Dorman , they still making them. However it requires very simple programming for specific year and model to work properly. Programming instructions are included with the module so the user can do it himself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2019, 10:07 AM

Thank you! I saw the Dorman ones. I have had bad experiences with Dorman electronics. Has anyone tried one of the Dorman options? I see bad reviews for them on Amazon.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:44 AM

2005 GMC TrailBlazer LS
I know Dorman has a mixed reviews but this is the only alternative as far as I know to OEM equipment in this case. Give it a try and if it doesn't work return it or if you're lucky you can find one on the junkyard

Old 06-08-2019, 10:47 AM

2005 GMC TrailBlazer LS
It's worth of mention it. I'm almost positive some of the bad reviews comes from improper programming as of this unit is universal and requires specific programming to the year and model of the vehicle. Unfortunately Maddie people don't read the instructions they just swap the parts and expect to work flawlessly.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 AM

Gotcha. Dorman unit ordered. I will post back with findings. Thanks!

I'm still looking for a company to reman the OEM unit though. If anyone knows anything, please speak up!
Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 AM

2005 GMC TrailBlazer LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon8667 View Post
I know Dorman has a mixed reviews but this is the only alternative as far as I know to OEM equipment in this case. Give it a try and if it doesn't work return it or if you're lucky you can find one on the junkyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon8667 View Post
It's worth of mention it. I'm almost positive some of the bad reviews comes from improper programming as of this unit is universal and requires specific programming to the year and model of the vehicle. Unfortunately Many people don't read the instructions they just swap the parts and expect to work flawlessly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in