Traded in The Trailblazer - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:15 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Superior Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Unhappy Traded in The Trailblazer

Well yesterday was a sad day. My trailblazer has been a great vehicle and I loved it, but I had purchased it because I was offered a job in Nevada in the Mountains and needed a 4wd vehicle, however that fell through and I ended up moving to FL in January. The Trailblazer was nice to tow the huge uhaul trailer and all my stuff down but since being down here I have found that it just isn't practical for me to be driving a vehicle like this especially with my job/income situation not so great and how things are currently going for me right now.

So I decided it would be smart to get a vehicle that I could average 23-25mpg with vs. 16-17mpg that I am was averaging with the TB.

Also I figured if I found a vehicle that would cost me nothing, but rather have the dealer write me a check that would help out with the bills right now.

So as of yesterday I now am the owner of a 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SLE w/ 65k miles. It is fully loaded with Leather, sunroof, NEW michelin Tires, and is SPOTLESS. It was an older couples car and they traded it in on a new Caddillac.

I traded my 2006 Trailblazer LS with 89k miles on it and feel I came out good. I bought the trailblazer last august when gas was over $4 a gallon so SUVs were CHEAP. I bought it for $8500 + TTL so a bit over $9000 out the door. Yesterday, I was able to get the dealer to give me $8500 on trade for it, and the car I bought I was able to get for $6995 (which was a STEAL for this car).

So here is a picture from the dealer.. since I love Photography I will post some good pictures shortly after I take her out.

EDIT: Here are some quick photos I snapped tonight when the sun was already down so they are not that great, but for now they will do:

And here is my Trailblazer that I wil greatly Miss. I hope it goes to a good home

Anyways it was fun, I enjoyed everything I learned here and all the help I got when I needed it, but things come up in life and you have to make changes so it was time to move on.

Keep on enjoyin those Trailvoys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 GMC Envoy SLE
Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
sorry you had to trade the TB,,,didnt you just put those wheels on recently??,,anywho, good luck with the new job and the really good looking bonneville!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I LOVE those era Bonnevilles

Nice change for you, but sorry about the TB. Glad the deal worked for you.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Monterey Maroon Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Hollar if you need a CarFax on that new car! Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
sorry to hear it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Midwest Chapter KS Rep
Old 04-23-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayd1563 View Post
sorry you had to trade the TB,,,didnt you just put those wheels on recently??,,anywho, good luck with the new job and the really good looking bonneville!
Thanks

Yes I did just put the wheels/tires on back in October/November I beleive. I put them on in preperation for the snowfall in the mountains and for better looks of course well no mountains here lol, but the TB needed new tires anyways and I resold the stock wheels and that paid for the new ones, so I got the wheels for free essentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunt_Pro View Post
Hollar if you need a CarFax on that new car! Good Luck!
Thanks for the offer, but I already have one that dealer gave me
Old 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
$8500, i still owe about $13k on my 06 with about 65k miles. I think I saw KBB that private party was only $11k. I actually got mine at a good deal too the market has just fallen so much.

Sounds like you got a good deal which is good news. I hope the car works great for you.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
$8500, i still owe about $13k on my 06 with about 65k miles. I think I saw KBB that private party was only $11k. I actually got mine at a good deal too the market has just fallen so much.

Sounds like you got a good deal which is good news. I hope the car works great for you.

Ya the market for these is not that great, however I luckily paid cash when I bought it last september so I didn't owe anything on it, and was lucky enough to get back almost what I paid for it on trade the other day. (minus the new brakes I just put on, Tint, New tires/wheels, vent visors) but a few of those things were maintenance, however I wish I wouldn't have done them now, as I could have went another month or two without doing them and not lost the money on those things when I traded it in this week. But any money you put into a vehicle you never really get back, so that was my own fault.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Sorry to see you go man, but from what it sounds like the Bonneville is going to make more sense for you now. Most of the FL guys are 2WD so they get a little better mileage too.

Any plans for the new car?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Sorry to see you go man, but from what it sounds like the Bonneville is going to make more sense for you now. Most of the FL guys are 2WD so they get a little better mileage too.

Any plans for the new car?
Ya the Bonneville will just be a better vehicle for my needs right now, so I think it was the smart thing to do.

As for the new car, I swapped over the HID's from my trailblazer already, am going to be putting the LED's in the interior and have them in the license plate that I took out of the TB before I traded it. The car already has tint, painted calipers, and I plan to give her the Zaino treatment this weekend to really make her shine! Maybe some chrome exhaust tips and halo's for the fog lights but other than that I think the car is pretty much set... for now

Anyways here are some "good" pictures I was able to take this evening. Sorry about the shadows from the light pole on the car. I didn't pay close enough attention and didn't realize they were that bad until I got home and uploaded them. Oh well.. better luck next time.

Enjoy

And some as the sun was setting:

Some of the HID's

They turned out pretty good. This car just plain looks good and photographs well in different light. I am really happy how they turned out, and am enjoying the car thus far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in