OEM fog light install......need brackets - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum



Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
tasnat23's Avatar
tasnat23 tasnat23 is offline
Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Posts: 330
OEM fog light install......need brackets

ok, so I have been searching, found it once, cant find it since. I was looking for the picture on what the dimentions are for this bracket. Also, if anyone has the brakets already made I am willing to buy them off you. Thanks...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:41 AM
EwingJK's Avatar
EwingJK EwingJK is offline
Senior Member
 
2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Cashmere Metallic U929L 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Esterhazy, SK & Sherwood, OR
Posts: 916
A search for "foglight bracket" returned 47 threads. Here's a possibility. If this doesn't work for you, look at the other threads.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...+light+bracket
__________________
Intl Chapter VP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LT Bumper & Fogs, Oil Skid Plate, Bilstein HDs, Quad Head & Tail Lights, LED Hood Lights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 AM
tasnat23's Avatar
tasnat23 tasnat23 is offline
Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwingJK View Post
A search for "foglight bracket" returned 47 threads. Here's a possibility. If this doesn't work for you, look at the other threads.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...+light+bracket
Did that search. Looked through them time and time again. Unfortunately at work I cant see pics, (thanks US Government). Not really sure if this is the thread I saw at home and saw the diagram that shows what the measurements are on the bracket so I can make it myself. But any other information is greatly appreciated.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 12-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Silver Trooper's Avatar
Silver Trooper Silver Trooper is offline
Member
 
2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 307
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
glfredrick's Avatar
glfredrick glfredrick is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trooper View Post
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.



Yup. There are no "factory" brackets.

The stuff that is needed to attach the fog lamps to the bumper shell are built onto the fog lamps themselves.

Here is an eBay sale of a foglamp style bumper shell -- note that the holes for the fog lamps have mounting locations at the rear of the hole,not just a cut out of a standard bumper shell. These mounting locations fit the brackets that come with the fog lamps (also available on eBay, both oem and reproduction).

Light pigtails can be found in any auto salvage yard. They are common on a lot of GM vehicles with factory fog lamps.

I did this mod on my 03, and replaced the bumper shell, bought oem fog lamps, and found the pig tails at Pull-a-Part. For the rest of the wiring, I used a Mr.Headlight wiring harness that also let me run all 4 headlights, plus I wired in a switch to control the fog lamps separately from the rest of the vehicle lights. Quick and easy way to get everything working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Here are a couple of pictures to help.
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM
tasnat23's Avatar
tasnat23 tasnat23 is offline
Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trooper View Post
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.
Well, I thank you all for replying, but still no answer....I know there aren't factory brackets, I know the LT is the only model that came with the bumper that you could just mount the fog lights direct. What I don't know is the measurements of the bracket that some ppl have made themselves. I would try trial and error, but with an 8 month old, I don't have that kind of time.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
glfredrick's Avatar
glfredrick glfredrick is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,236
Here is an article, from the articles section of this forum, on how to mount fog lights on an LS without mounting brackets.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/articles....icle&artid=108

Not much figuring out to do. Just get some metal and bend it as you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
tasnat23's Avatar
tasnat23 tasnat23 is offline
Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by glfredrick View Post
Here is an article, from the articles section of this forum, on how to mount fog lights on an LS without mounting brackets.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/articles....icle&artid=108

Not much figuring out to do. Just get some metal and bend it as you go.
ok, I know there is an article on this subject checked it, I'm not a noob, I have been on this forum for 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty sure I know what the "search" function is. And I know someone has made these brackets and took some measurements. Im sorry to sound like an a$$hole, but telling me to look in a different thread or do a search is really starting to irritate me, I have looked for a few days now, opened up every thread that has fog light in it, and cant find that picture I found once with the measurements on it. So if someone can help me please. I know I will prolly piss ppl off with this post, so I'm sorry in advance. Just sick of the same old "use the search"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 AM
SilverUnicorn's Avatar
SilverUnicorn SilverUnicorn is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnat23 View Post
ok, I know there is an article on this subject checked it, I'm not a noob, I have been on this forum for 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty sure I know what the "search" function is. And I know someone has made these brackets and took some measurements. Im sorry to sound like an a$$hole, but telling me to look in a different thread or do a search is really starting to irritate me, I have looked for a few days now, opened up every thread that has fog light in it, and cant find that picture I found once with the measurements on it. So if someone can help me please. I know I will prolly piss ppl off with this post, so I'm sorry in advance. Just sick of the same old "use the search"
I have the brackets, but not with me (they are at the firehouse). I am sick as a dog now, but if I remember, I will grab them tomorrow and get what you need off of them.

Chris
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:51 AM
tasnat23's Avatar
tasnat23 tasnat23 is offline
Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverUnicorn View Post
I have the brackets, but not with me (they are at the firehouse). I am sick as a dog now, but if I remember, I will grab them tomorrow and get what you need off of them.

Chris


I can't thank you enough. I just wish the person that was selling them a few years ago was still selling them. Hope you feel better, the bug just went thru my house.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


» Sponsors

Advertising Info

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiasts - Copyright 2004 - 2009 All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed