OEM fog light install......need brackets - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
OEM fog light install......need brackets

ok, so I have been searching, found it once, cant find it since. I was looking for the picture on what the dimentions are for this bracket. Also, if anyone has the brakets already made I am willing to buy them off you. Thanks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 03:41 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Cashmere Metallic U929L 4.2L I6 4X4
A search for "foglight bracket" returned 47 threads. Here's a possibility. If this doesn't work for you, look at the other threads.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...+light+bracket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LT Bumper & Fogs, Oil Skid Plate, Bilstein HDs, Quad Head & Tail Lights, LED Hood Lights
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwingJK View Post
A search for "foglight bracket" returned 47 threads. Here's a possibility. If this doesn't work for you, look at the other threads.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...+light+bracket
Did that search. Looked through them time and time again. Unfortunately at work I cant see pics, (thanks US Government). Not really sure if this is the thread I saw at home and saw the diagram that shows what the measurements are on the bracket so I can make it myself. But any other information is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:17 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trooper View Post
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.

Yup. There are no "factory" brackets.

The stuff that is needed to attach the fog lamps to the bumper shell are built onto the fog lamps themselves.

Here is an eBay sale of a foglamp style bumper shell -- note that the holes for the fog lamps have mounting locations at the rear of the hole,not just a cut out of a standard bumper shell. These mounting locations fit the brackets that come with the fog lamps (also available on eBay, both oem and reproduction).

Light pigtails can be found in any auto salvage yard. They are common on a lot of GM vehicles with factory fog lamps.

I did this mod on my 03, and replaced the bumper shell, bought oem fog lamps, and found the pig tails at Pull-a-Part. For the rest of the wiring, I used a Mr.Headlight wiring harness that also let me run all 4 headlights, plus I wired in a switch to control the fog lamps separately from the rest of the vehicle lights. Quick and easy way to get everything working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Here are a couple of pictures to help.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trooper View Post
Well, I thank you all for replying, but still no answer....I know there aren't factory brackets, I know the LT is the only model that came with the bumper that you could just mount the fog lights direct. What I don't know is the measurements of the bracket that some ppl have made themselves. I would try trial and error, but with an 8 month old, I don't have that kind of time.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Here is an article, from the articles section of this forum, on how to mount fog lights on an LS without mounting brackets.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/articles....icle&artid=108

Not much figuring out to do. Just get some metal and bend it as you go.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by glfredrick View Post
Here is an article, from the articles section of this forum, on how to mount fog lights on an LS without mounting brackets.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/articles....icle&artid=108

Not much figuring out to do. Just get some metal and bend it as you go.
ok, I know there is an article on this subject checked it, I'm not a noob, I have been on this forum for 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty sure I know what the "search" function is. And I know someone has made these brackets and took some measurements. Im sorry to sound like an a$$hole, but telling me to look in a different thread or do a search is really starting to irritate me, I have looked for a few days now, opened up every thread that has fog light in it, and cant find that picture I found once with the measurements on it. So if someone can help me please. I know I will prolly piss ppl off with this post, so I'm sorry in advance. Just sick of the same old "use the search"

Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnat23 View Post
ok, I know there is an article on this subject checked it, I'm not a noob, I have been on this forum for 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty sure I know what the "search" function is. And I know someone has made these brackets and took some measurements. Im sorry to sound like an a$$hole, but telling me to look in a different thread or do a search is really starting to irritate me, I have looked for a few days now, opened up every thread that has fog light in it, and cant find that picture I found once with the measurements on it. So if someone can help me please. I know I will prolly piss ppl off with this post, so I'm sorry in advance. Just sick of the same old "use the search"
I have the brackets, but not with me (they are at the firehouse). I am sick as a dog now, but if I remember, I will grab them tomorrow and get what you need off of them.

Chris

Old 12-06-2009, 10:51 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverUnicorn View Post
I have the brackets, but not with me (they are at the firehouse). I am sick as a dog now, but if I remember, I will grab them tomorrow and get what you need off of them.

Chris

I can't thank you enough. I just wish the person that was selling them a few years ago was still selling them. Hope you feel better, the bug just went thru my house.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in